Where do I start!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Looking at upgrading / getting a new TV for a house that I have just purchased, So am looking at setting up a wireless set up for as much of it as possible.

Where do I start!

What do I need?

Any reccomendations on Kit?

TV probbaly 32 to 38 inches

speakers

CD

Amp

Can I use my Ipod

Looking for the best quality but budget will be limited, So might need to do this in stages.

My current yamaha amp is 15 years old so I expect it cant be upgraded

Thanks

Skippy

harveymt

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
For the TV you're probably best asking in the TV section of the forum. If your budget is limited then you would be best looking for maybe a end of line TV or a lower end model without the bells and whistles.

Would you want to move to a computer based set-up for your music? If so, that would save you buying a CD player. An Apple Airport Express would allow you to stream music to your amp from your computer.. This can be plugged directly into your amp. As budget allows you could add a DAC to improve sound quality and then even a separate stereo amp.

If you ask in the Home Cinema section about an amp and speakers package with a budget you had in mind. There are decent Sony home cinema amps for as little as £300 with some good speaker packages for £500. Alternatively you could buy just 2 good speakers for left and right and add surround later on as budget allows.

There's no right or wrong way, it just depends on your budget and how many boxes you want in the front room.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts