Where can I audition ADM9RSS in South West?

eliotn

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I'm based in Bristol. Do you know any place where I could audition ADM9RSS?

Alternativly, does anyone have a pair of them in the area and would be willing to present them to me, whilst drinking a good cup of tea? :grin:

I would love to compare them against my current system: KEF Q300/PM6004/MDAC.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
eliotn said:
Hi,

Alternativly, does anyone have a pair of them in the area and would be willing to present them to me, whilst drinking a good cup of tea? :grin:

the factory is in Nailsworth, Gloucestershire. So not far from Bristol. One of the company's owners will demonstrate at his home, also in Glos.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Overdose said:
I'm in the South West, but you are much closer to the manufacturer than you are to me.

The offer stands if anyone is a bit further South and West though.

Where are you then? Just curious, I'm (probably) not going to take you up on the offer, just interested to see who's where, so I don't need your postcode or anything!

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
The thing to note is that AVI is no kind of regular dealer and do not have other equipment to demonstrate their products against.

They are not interested in doing a comparitive dem against your equipment even if you were to take the whole thing over to them, that is not their way. It is fair to say that they make little or no attempt to sell to conventional enthusiasts to whom comparitive dems are the norm.

Whether or not an owner is prepared to do such a dem is up to them, ask.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Best to demo at the factory where you can also hear the new DM5s. I would send AVI an email.

If you can't get there then there are several dealers in that area, 1 in Birmingham and 2 in Gloucestershire.

JMacMan

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
davedotco said:
The thing to note is that AVI is no kind of regular dealer and do not have other equipment to demonstrate their products against.

They are not interested in doing a comparitive dem against your equipment even if you were to take the whole thing over to them, that is not their way. It is fair to say that they make little or no attempt to sell to conventional enthusiasts to whom comparitive dems are the norm.

Whether or not an owner is prepared to do such a dem is up to them, ask.

I'd second this, and suggest the OP endeavour to take up an offer from a helpful owner if he wants to do comparisons.

If on the other hand, he just wants to hear AVI product, then a visit to the warehouse premises of AVI would suffice, but the response there is going to be very biased, and comparitive dems not encouraged as you say - indeed, in all likelihood the OP's current system would be dismissed as being of no competition to AVI product anyway, something the OP would do well to bear in mind.

JB

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Overdose said:
I'm in the South West, but you are much closer to the manufacturer than you are to me.

Where are you then? Just curious, I'm (probably) not going to take you up on the offer, just interested to see who's where, so I don't need your postcode or anything!

Cornwall

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Overdose said:
The_Lhc said:
Overdose said:

Cornwall

Deepest Cornwall or one of the bits near civilization (I don't mean Plymouth...)? Some nice golf courses in Cornwall...

J

jcbrum

I am absolutely certain that if you give the AVI factory a phone call, they will tell you to take your kit over and provide you with side by side audition facilities.

Not only that, they usually provide visitors with lunch as well.

I have done this myself, and seen others do it too.

I'm sure those who have visited AVI will confirm their friendly and accomodating approach.

JC

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
jcbrum said:
I am absolutely certain that if you give the AVI factory a phone call, they will tell you to take your kit over and provide you with side by side audition facilities.

I'm sure those who have visited AVI will confirm their friendly and accomodating approach.

JC

There you have it eliotn.

Give them a call and set it up. Report back on your findings...... ;)

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
davedotco said:

AVI say that you're welcome to bring any HiFi equipment with you if you want to do a comparison.

JMacMan

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
davedotco said:
jcbrum said:

JC

Seconded. If AVI are happy to have you do a comparitive demo, then why not.

I'm suprised that they do comparitive dems, as AVI product is usually stated by the chief salesperson to be so much better than anything else, that I was under the impression that they would not encourage comparitive dems with other systems/passives.

I'm happy to be proven wrong...

JB

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
davedotco said:

AVI say that you're welcome to bring any HiFi equipment with you if you want to do a comparison.

You may not be allowed to connect it to an active mains though.

Still, passive enjoyment, in other words looking at it, should prove very enjoyable too.

Kidding. Ashley is a nice man.

regards

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Overdose said:
The_Lhc said:
Overdose said:

Cornwall

Deepest Cornwall or one of the bits near civilization (I don't mean Plymouth...)? Some nice golf courses in Cornwall...

Obviously you didn't mean Plymouth, that's over the water in Devon. ;)

As for golf courses, it's not my bag, but St Mellion has undergone a major overhaul recently and is supposedly quite good, that's not far from me.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
davedotco said:
jcbrum said:

JC

The moral of the story being that we probably should not state opinions as absolute fact, yes?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Overdose said:
The_Lhc said:
Overdose said:
The_Lhc said:
Overdose said:

Cornwall

Well, I meant Devon is civilization, except Plymouth, which I can't stand.

As for golf courses, it's not my bag, but St Mellion has undergone a major overhaul recently and is supposedly quite good, that's not far from me.

Yes, it's got a Jack Nicklaus designed course there, supposed to be good, never managed to get there myself yet. I've played Launceston though recently, that's quite nice.

You are quite near Plymouth though, my condolences, I imagine your local radio talks about Plymouth as if it's the only inhabited place in a thousand miles. Mine does and I live in North Devon! |(

JMacMan

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Alec said:
davedotco said:
jcbrum said:

JC

The moral of the story being that we probably should not state opinions as absolute fact, yes?

Perfectly true, but on the other hand if we only allowed peer reviewed facts, and not opinions or speculation, most of the HiFi forums would have to close down, let alone the advertising departments of many a HiFi manufacturer... :grin:

JB

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Overdose said:
The_Lhc said:
Overdose said:
The_Lhc said:
Overdose said:

Cornwall

Yes, it's got a Jack Nicklaus designed course there, supposed to be good, never managed to get there myself yet. I've played Launceston though recently, that's quite nice.

You are quite near Plymouth though, my condolences, I imagine your local radio talks about Plymouth as if it's the only inhabited place in a thousand miles. Mine does and I live in North Devon! |(

Going wildly off piste, sorry OP.

I don't usually listen to the local stations and only bother venturing into Plymouth if I need to get anything out of the ordinary. I prefer Exeter or Truro though.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Yes, it's got a Jack Nicklaus designed course there, supposed to be good

Its not too bad a track but if you want a real test Perranporth will test yer mettle , especially if its blowing a hoolie.

Lostwithiel is good , bit hilly in places mind.

Lanhydrock is a decent parkland layout.

Porthpean , short but evil !!. Front 9 parkland Inward 9 on top of the cliff (read as hoolie country).

Loads to recco but those four will float your boat methinks.

Sorry OP.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
richardw42 said:
eliotn said:
Hi,

the factory is in Nailsworth, Gloucestershire. So not far from Bristol. One of the company's owners will demonstrate at his home, also in Glos.

CORB0370.JPG

Didn't see that coming :roll:

Overdose said:
The_Lhc said:
Overdose said:
The_Lhc said:
Overdose said:
The_Lhc said:
Overdose said:

Cornwall

Going wildly off piste, sorry OP.

I don't usually listen to the local stations and only bother venturing into Plymouth if I need to get anything out of the ordinary. I prefer Exeter or Truro though.

If I recall you can get plenty 'out of the ordinary' in Plymuff. Sadly not much in the way of hifi any more.....

...(ex resident)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts