When Hifi company employees bend the truth on review comments.!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Whilst surfing recently looking at reviews of a certain high end electronics company on a very well known Electronics web site( not this one mods). I stumbled on a comment made about a review which looked suspicious.

The review stated how the person had recently purchased the equipment under review and found it ......well I won't quote, but described it as superb in lots of detail and also mentioned what a helpful company they were to deal with. Thats fine, but then I noticed the name reference attached to the comment and what a surprise! not! it was the sales manager.

Well I know this sort of stuff must go on a bit. But I was certainly surprised considering the company. I only wish I could post the link. so everyone could see.

D

Helmut80

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
that sounds particularly stupid, if it was done as a marketing exercise. Surely you would either be properly identified if you work in the trade, as is the case on this forum, or at least use a screename that won't lead people to find out who you are/work for.

A

Anonymous

I recognized the screen name instantly from shows such as Bristol and another site I go on.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
You'd be surprised how many times we've picked up 'testimonial' posters either posting from their company's web domain, or with their own name, making them simple to identify.

That's why, if anyone thinks we're hard on suspect first time posters, we're actually only erring on the side of caution.

davemartin01

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
You'd be surprised how many times we've picked up 'testimonial' posters either posting from their company's web domain, or with their own name, making them simple to identify.

That's why, if anyone thinks we're hard on suspect first time posters, we're actually only erring on the side of caution.

That's fine if you want to "err on the side of caution" but having seen this go spectacularly wrong many times, here and other places, and it's actually turned out erring on the side of embarrassment with no apologies or redress at the end..

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard said:

May I email the link to you privately Andrew. Just for your info.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
brittondave said:
Whilst surfing recently looking at reviews of a certain high end electronics company on a very well known Electronics web site( not this one mods). I stumbled on a comment made about a review which looked suspicious. The review stated how the person had recently purchased the equipment under review and found it ......well I won't quote, but described it as superb in lots of detail and also mentioned what a helpful company they were to deal with. Thats fine, but then I noticed the name reference attached to the comment and what a surprise! not! it was the sales manager. Well I know this sort of stuff must go on a bit. But I was certainly surprised considering the company. I only wish I could post the link. so everyone could see. D

Publish and be damned!

A

Anonymous

Sizzers said:
brittondave said:
Whilst surfing recently looking at reviews of a certain high end electronics company on a very well known Electronics web site( not this one mods). I stumbled on a comment made about a review which looked suspicious. The review stated how the person had recently purchased the equipment under review and found it ......well I won't quote, but described it as superb in lots of detail and also mentioned what a helpful company they were to deal with. Thats fine, but then I noticed the name reference attached to the comment and what a surprise! not! it was the sales manager. Well I know this sort of stuff must go on a bit. But I was certainly surprised considering the company. I only wish I could post the link. so everyone could see. D

Publish and be damned!

I can't . house rules

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
davemartin01 said:
That's fine if you want to "err on the side of caution" but having seen this go spectacularly wrong many times, here and other places, and it's actually turned out erring on the side of embarrassment with no apologies or redress at the end..

Well, while some try to abuse the system, or have a history of trying so to do, I'm afraid that's the world in which we have to live.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
As noted, we've seen examples of this here and elsewhere. When it's here we mod/name/shame ASAP, if we suspect a link. If I encounter it elsewhere, I will mention it if/when talking to that manufacturer. It's really not helpful or professional, after all...

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:

Thanks Andy for this explanation - I now understand why some posts I found interesting have disappeared

And thanks for watching over us

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts