When are the What Hi Fi Awards 2009 held?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone tell me when the WHF 2009 Awards are going to be held?

I ask this for two reasons....

i) I miss the cheesy Dominic Dawes straight to camera reportage vids (Dominic I have watched the 2008 ones until I can quote them verbatim ).

ii) I might have to buy a new flat-screen and my strategy to do this (as most peoples is) is to select a WHF award winner and then use the internet to pin-point the best deal..... I do not want to buy a 2008 winner if we are a few weeks away from the new list......

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Awards issue on sale October 20.

What would you do in my situation then? Is the technological improvements of the past 12 months worth waiting a couple of months for... or would you just think.... need TV now.... buy TV now.....?

A

Anonymous

Depends upon your budget really. And if there really is a massive difference. I don't think so.

Buy a half decent set and add HD Virgin or Sky and you're onto a winner anyway - IMHO.

A

Anonymous

Graham_Thomas:Depends upon your budget really. And if there really is a massive difference. I don't think so.

Buy a half decent set and add HD Virgin or Sky and you're onto a winner anyway - IMHO.

Well I think that budget, again, is really dictated by what the market rate for the WHF winners is. I have to pay the minimum that gets you something that is worth paying for and I seem to remember that that begins to happen (for a fair sized TV) around about the £600 to £800 mark.

daveh75

bloatedgut:

What would you do in my situation then? Is the technological improvements of the past 12 months worth waiting a couple of months for... or would you just think.... need TV now.... buy TV now.....?

Buy now....if you keep holding out for the next big thing you'll never buy anything, and award winning products tend to become hard to come by.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
bloatedgut:What would you do in my situation then?

Well, if you want your new TV all set up and ready to watch those new Dawes classics when they go live on the site as the issue hits the streets, I guess you'd better start thinking about which TV to buy now...
emotion-2.gif

Or do what most people do, which is make sure you don't miss the September, October and November issues, and form an opinion as to what the Award-winner in the size you want will be...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site

Though visitors to the Manchester Sound and Vision show will get a full preview - and be able to buy the mag - on Saturday/Sunday October 17/18th....

Subscribers will also get their copies from that Saturday, and we'll be setting up a special offer where you can pre-order your copy of the Awards issue and have it delivered to your door from that weekend.

More details - and news of Readers Award voting - to follow soon.

TRENDING THREADS