Whats wrong with my speaker placement

Mike_Schmidt

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
I have a small room 11.5 by 12 feet long. My speakers are on the 11.5 foot wall being about two feet out into the room and 1 meter from each side wall. My cyrus arbor rack and turn table are right behind my right speaker tukced in the corner. This deals with imaging, I find that the right speaker is always out of balance being the left sticks out more, could this be a relection from the rack and any ideas how to minimize the reflection.

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
Could be reflection from your equipment.
Do you have furniture or alcoves behind you causing more reflection on the right?

Are side walls vertical? Are side walls both of same material?

Do you have furniture on the left soaking up energy?

Is one speaker louder? Have you tried swapping them?

Is one amp channel louder? Have you tried swapping l and r speaker cables at amp end?

Do other people note this effect? Are you going deaf in one ear more than the other?

Have you checked your wiring for phase consistency? Would that affect l/r balance anyway?

Sorry, I seem to have more questions than answers.

Mike_Schmidt

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Im starting to think my hearing is less in my right ear. Reflections could be a part but as I read your comments I have always battled with imaging from the right side? Iam going to move my little rack beside my speaker it being about 8" lower than the mid woofer on my tower

A

Anonymous

Have your speakers got rear bass ports Mike - could be something there........

Not heard your kit but moving back the speakers in that room and turning volume down a bit might work?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts