whats better the MARANTZ 7003 or the ARCAM CD17

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

I need to decide on which model CD Player to go for?

I do like the new Arcam cd17 but i also like the new Marantz 7003

Im torn between the both and pulling my hair out as to what one to go for! I do want quality and that something thats lasts

Please any info from you is appreciated but explaing whys and why not on each brand.

many thanks!

T

the record spot

Both will give you a high standard of build quality and both have a long standing pedigree in manufacturing high quality two channel hifi. It'll come down to individual preference in the end; Arcam have maintained (you might also read "persisted"!) with their casework and fascia which has been around for a good few years now, albeit a very high quality finish. Marantz on the other hand have let the design styling for their high end kit trickle down to their new 5000, 7000 & 8000 range kit and smart it looks too.

I've been a fan of both companies for a while now, a good 16 years or so, but have a leaning to Marantz kit. An earlier system of mine used their CD52 Mark II but used an Arcam Alpha 5 amp (which I still have). It gave me a good sound and they worked well together, especially with Mission 751's. I now have a Marantz source and amp and am delighted with what I hear; the presentation's fast, detailed and lively whilst the music doesn't drag its heels.

Assuming the new Marantz CD player follows along from the SA7001 series, the only thing you could look out for is a little more presentation in the bass. Mine is good, but if you like dance or fast rock, you'll be better off looking at the Exposure 2010s or Audiolab 8000s for a bit more snap downstairs.

Other than that, both are likely to make for very good choices for the money. Apologies for the slightly lengthy reply!

A

Anonymous

Many many thanks for your reply its been of great help
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts