Whats best connectors to use for BD?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having just got sony 550s Blu-ray player for xmas i am using an optical lead at the moment for audio, since it cant handle HD audio whats the best choice of audio cables to connect Blu-ray to amp. will spend up to about £15 to £20 per cable max. Any suggestions?

A

Anonymous

20 quid might be a bit lean for a good quality HDMI cable - Try HiFiCables.co.uk for QED Performance HDMI - absolute bargain at 31.50 - down from 50 or you can probably get hold of a Cambridge Audio 2m HDMI elsewhere for around 25 quid. Either will do a good job but if you can stretch to the QED I doubt you'll be disappointed.

http://www.hificables.co.uk/g/718/HDMI-Cables.html

I coughed up a bit more for the Chord Silver Plus 1.3's and they are worth every penny.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Assuming you mean your amp can't handle HD audio (since the Blu-Ray player definitely can), the only way to get HD audio is through the multichannel outputs. Since you'll need 3x standard RCA phono cables for this, have a look at the options for this type of cable at your budget (not sure if £15 - £20 covers all three cables or if you can spend £45 - £60 in total for 3 cables).

A

Anonymous

sorry I wasnt very clear was I. HDMI is out the amp doesnt take it, ye your right professor hat rca cables are what im after, what i meant though was £15 to £20 per cable so up to about £50 or £60 total. Thanks

A

Anonymous

You could look at something like the QED performance which is available for around £20 a pair.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
eremis6:sorry I wasnt very clear was I. HDMI is out the amp doesnt take it, ye your right professor hat rca cables are what im after, what i meant though was £15 to £20 per cable so up to about £50 or £60 total. Thanks

Three pairs of these will be fine...

http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/dynamic/eshop_products.set/ref/1205/fisual-superpearl-reference-stereo-pair-1m/display.html

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts