WhatHIFI Best Buy Mains Power Cable Confusion

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've been looking at the mains power cable reviews on the site and in the mag and noticed that the Merline Tarantula MK6 ( http://www.whathifi.com/review/merlin-tarantula-mk6 ) is the current best buy cable. The other one that I'm interested in is the Clearer Audio Copper-Line ( http://www.whathifi.com/review/clearer-audio-copper-line-alpha-mains%29 ).

Both cables are were given 5 stars, but my confusion is the Merlin cable has a comment against it as "Don't expect a spectacular improvement" where as the Clearer Audio cable has and against comment of "Nothing". The official cost of the Clearer audio cable is also £5 less than the Merlin cable, so how does the Melin cable qualify as the best buy ?

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
Hello,

Our fault. The Against verdict for the Merlin should have read "Don't expect a spectacular improvement with video".

The Clearer Audio review is an earlier one, and at the time there was little around that even came close. That's why we've got "nothing" in the against column.

A

Anonymous

Ok thanks for clearing that up guys.

So would the clearer audio cable be better for video ?

A

Anonymous

Andy Clough said:
Verdicts on both models have now been amended.

Just a quick question about the Merlin Tarantula MK6, when looking at purchasing the cable off the Merlincables website I noticed there are a few optionional extra's that can be added to the cable :

Professional Demagnetisation

Caig Deoxit Gold Plug Cleaning Treatment

Furutech NANO Fluid Plug Treatment

N.A.S - A/V Filter

When you guys reviewed the cable was it just the standard cable or did it have any of these additional treatments ?

A

Anonymous

Ok thats great, thanks for clarifying that.

Not really sure what all the other option would do to benefit it, but just wanted to make sure I would be getting what was tested buy you guys.

Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts