what you say that the krell 400xi is a lot like the audiolab 8000p pre tag but with more bass and louder ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i have got a

marantz cd63se / audiolab 8000q pre tag /audiolab 8000p /kef reference 2.2.

and i bought a quad 909 but it just does not give me the club sound l love

so would i just be better buying the krell 400xi

regards stuart

A

Anonymous

number1hifi:
i have got a

marantz cd63se / audiolab 8000q pre tag /audiolab 8000p /kef reference 2.2.

and i bought a quad 909 but it just does not give me the club sound l love

so would i just be better buying the krell 400xi

regards stuart

This may sound quite blunt and cynical, but I doubt Quad designed the 909 for club music at all...The Krell will give more authority and power but it's still not an amp designed for club music, infact very few amplifiers are! What I would look at however, is the Roksan Caspian system...I believe it would be much better suited to what you are after and it would seem to suit your speakers better. The Marantz cd63SE is however suited to such music - authority in spades and a zingy treble; not the best player ever, but each to their own!

T

the record spot

Cerwin Vega. Look no further, as Debenhams once used to say.

You need a fat amp and some hefty speakers to shift some serious air, not a lot else is going to work. Maybe an M&K, or REL sub if you like some elements of the current system's sound.

A

Anonymous

I would consider buying a sub to go with your existing system.
Audition a few and see.

That way you keep unstressed detail of the music as the amp is not having to work as hard, but have the strong bass line off the sub.

A

Anonymous

all the subs i have seen sound very slow and not in line with the kefs and to be honest i dont mind spending the money it is as always about the sound

regards

A

Anonymous

number1hifi:to be honest i dont mind spending the money it is as always about the sound

Amen to that! Have you tried the top of the range REL subs or the top of the range MJ Accoustics subs? Fast as a £1000 pair of speakers and with soooo much authority - man I wish I had as much money as you do!

A

Anonymous

If you're not keen on subs, how about trading up in speakers? The 4.2's are damn scary when driven properly, but you're looking at some pretty serious amplification.

If you can't do both, look at better amplification for your 2.2's. Not sure how close you'll get to the 4.2's (halfway maybe?), but I find with KEF Reference you need something with some serious kick.

A

Anonymous

i need to get this right to stop driving my self mad

i am looking to buy a krell 400xi first and go from there is that a good start.

music i love the old school club tunes and bit of drum and bass ?

Tear Drop

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
Seriously, you have to listen to something like Krell before you buy. Many people rave about them but others (such as myself) find them to be severely lacking in many ways. I know Krell enjoys a bit of a cult rep in the so called 'high end', but this should never be reason enough to buy anything blind.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
if you listen to Krell 400Xi and think Audiolab is better....I will eat my hat!

With a suitable pair of speakers (good source is a must too due to Krell's resolution, forgive the pun), Krell will beat Audiolab in every single way.

At this level is now about system matching, you feed Krell with bad signal and that is what you gonna hear!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I think record spot is right here and I'm sure this issue about your system has been discussed here before. Everything you have/mention is hifi and as such not a pa system even though some of it will go loud without problems. The 'problem' is that hifi is a balancing act, nothing should overpower anything else and as such it will not have the impact of club systems which are voiced completely different, but you know that I'm sure, in fact it was suggested to you before.

If you want 'club sound' you need to go down the route of a (semi) professional set up made for just that. Big Speakers, big subs and big amplifiers. Forget about Krells, AVI's and the like. They go loud but are to refined for what you want.

A

Anonymous

hi there

i like my bass to have good depth and slam but also to have the speed so there is no over hang and of course the stereo image

what i am saying is that i like the sound of the audiolab amps but would like a amp like it in sound but with more of everthing depth and so on .

i know my speakers can do more with the right amp the kefs 2.2 with the audiolab sound very good and the marantz cd63se it is not to clinical for dance music

so i just really need amp and i am told the krell 400xi amp will give me that sound but more in every way

regards stuart

A

Anonymous

MA RSW12 sub has all the pace you want.

Other than that take a listen to a Chord SPM1050 amp, a good comparison to the Krell.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts