WHAT YOU KIDDING ME!!

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Has any one listened to a boston acoustics speaker recently..? I read a review about the M340 & how good it was & all that. The review was really convincing. I said to myself here we go again another review of just another product... Some how I could never get it out of my mind.. Went to have a listen & ended up buying them without evening planing to buy speakers in the first place.

I compared them with 5 different speakers in the shop, but in terms of performance none of them were even close.

I will give you one reason: The bass is rich fast & deep like that of an electrostatic speaker & this thing is not even up to 6inches wide.

Amazing.. Its still amazing me.

Edit

My sonus faber cremona's are gone!!

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
You said you compared the Bostons to 5 others, don't state which ones.

Could it not be a case that your current amp struggled with the Sonus Fabers?

I have listened to the sonus faber with so many amps & its not giving me the sound am getting now.. Its 4ohm anyway easy to drive.

Kefs B&W Tannoy.. those are the ones can remember right now... anyway am off to enjoy some music :wave:

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Native_bon said:
plastic penguin said:
You said you compared the Bostons to 5 others, don't state which ones.

Could it not be a case that your current amp struggled with the Sonus Fabers?

I have listened to the sonus faber with so many amps & its not giving me the sound am getting now.. Its 4ohm anyway easy to drive.

Kefs B&W Tannoy.. those are the ones can remember right now... anyway am off to enjoy some music :wave:

4 Ohms are harder to drive, mind your amp does not cut out.

GMK

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I would also have assumed someone with 5k to spend on speakers would have a better understanding of spelling and grammar, but then perhaps that's just me being cynical

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Native_bon said:
I compared them with 5 different speakers in the shop, but in terms of performance none of them were even close.

I will give you one reason: The bass is rich fast & deep like that of an electrostatic speaker & this thing is not even up to 6inches wide.

Not sure what you are talking about here, but Electrostatic's Achilles' heel is bass. Generally gutless. Martin Logan's are hybrids to overcome this problem. Good old fashioned moving coil for bass, electrostatic panel for mid range and above. Even the good old Quad ESLs struggled to give a decent thump with just 'static panels.

Pete68

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
They have had some good reviews.

Someone finds a great product and everyone gets cynical to the point of rude ("idiot" and "spelling and grammar" comments). What is wrong with some people?

Congrats on the new speakers - just put them on the list of speakers to audition. :cheers:

omnibeard

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Pete68 said:
What is wrong with some people?

If you have read any of Native_bon's posts, you will be aware that he is prone to making hyperbolic claims. This amp is better than any other amp costing 3 times the price and so on. When asked to substantiate said claims he says he is a producer and trusts his ears. He's definitely not a troll but he is very, very funny. And he has a large computer screen.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Pete68 said:
They have had some good reviews.

Someone finds a great product and everyone gets cynical to the point of rude ("idiot" and "spelling and grammar" comments). What is wrong with some people?

Congrats on the new speakers - just put them on the list of speakers to audition. :cheers:

Well its not suprising out world is turned upside down.. When you said the truth you become the odd one out. I can understand if someone mentioned auditoning them...

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
omnibeard said:
Shock! Horror! Expensive speakers sound good!!!

Whatever next?

Yawn...

Shame that in their native country the list-price is $999, which currently equates to about £640. Not even our Sheriff of Nottingham chancellor can be totally blamed for the fact that by the time they get over here you have to add another £1050 on top of that to buy them.

MajorFubar said:
omnibeard said:

Whatever next?

Yawn...

Shame that in their native country the list-price is $999, which currently equates to about £640. Not even our Sheriff of Nottingham chancellor can be totally blamed for the fact that by the time they get over here you have to add another £1050 on top of that to buy them.

'Tis a cunning plan to make you buy homegrown kit eh Major!

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Alears said:
MajorFubar said:
omnibeard said:

Whatever next?

Yawn...

'Tis a cunning plan to make you buy homegrown kit eh Major!

In terms of VAT and import taxes, I'm not au-fait enough with it all to know where "unavoidable taxation/red-tape" ends and "let's fleece the British b------s" begins. But I'm pretty sure that speakers which are $999 / £640 Stateside and £1699 over here are firmly into "let's fleece the British b------s" territory.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts