What would be better Kef R100s with a Kef C4 subwoofer or the R300s without a sub

Danny1

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
What would be better Kef R100s with a Kef C4 subwoofer or the R300s without a sub. I already have a Kef C4 sub so do I save a lot of cash and just get the R100s?

Thanks

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
There are too many variables at play to give you a definitive answer, such as:
- Personal preference
- The size of the room
- The positioning of the speakers
- The quality of the amp, and its ability to control the speakers.

FWIW. I would prefer the R300s, provided they have room to breathe, have an amp that can control their bass, and they are put on decent heavy stands. Subs can be tricky to fully integrate properly.

This is a decision you have to make by (preferably) doing a home dem.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Ignoring the variables mentioned by Cno, and answering your question directly, my answer would be the R300s, a three way speaker which are quite noticeably better than the two way R100s. Well designed three way speakers bring benefits across the whole frequency range.

Danny1

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the constructive feedback, I also have taken on your point we talked about withe the Q300 being easier to drive . I guess I am thinking long term for when I eventually upgrade my amp too :)

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
any Kef speakers needs 'warm' and powerfull amp..

and to answer your question - Kef R300 + sub :) ... because any stereo system will benefit the sub.. 2 are better then 1

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
.. and no, it's not difficult to integrate sub with your speakers, you just have to know how and you can learn that easily from the web.. rel site is a good start.. your ears are ultimate refference

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts