What was your favourite original Playstation game?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
From crash bandicoot to tekken to soul blade.

What was your favourite game for the original Playstation console?

After much debate I am going to have to say Gran Turismo 2, which is probably still my favourite game.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Ridge Racer will always hold a place in my heart as it was pretty much the only game worth having when the console was first released and my friend and I played it endlessly, gawping at the amazing graphics, until we were able to come out of every corner faster than we went in through the drifting process (ah, back in the days when realism in games wasn't even considered!).

Tomb Raider was another which consumed an entire half term holiday for me and a friend playing life or level. Those were the days!

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Alien Trilogy ... it was pretty scary but fun too
smiley-cool.gif

A

Anonymous

I also enjoyed Ridge Racer and can relate to playing during the holidays, though generally it was to try to get more completed than my mates by the time we got back
smiley-laughing.gif

medievil certainly was playstation 1, I never played alien trilogy
smiley-frown.gif
. I have a feeling I may well be searching for these games to have a re-play. Though I guess they just wont be the same now.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
As the name suggests the original f1 game linked between to PS1's & Murray walkers gafs included, better than the latest f1 game on the ps3 IMO
smiley-laughing.gif
. The only downside was lack of internet connection to race others online
smiley-cry.gif

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
OMG nooooooooooo how can you make me choose .Tomb raider was my first love then the almighty grand turismo.But there was only one game that could make a grown man cry in multi-player mode with 3 friends . The one and only -

WORMS- Simply brill

A

Anonymous

Resident evil for me, my favourite gave ever :) tomb raider, final fantasy 7,metal gear solid were also favourites.

A

Anonymous

Some great choices.

The original Colin McRae Rally was just so right.

I also remember early F1 games being great...Think its was F1 97 with Murray walkers commentary on, I still have memory crashing out of 1st place in what I think was a torrential spa race.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I didnt even know what a playstation was, then a mate brought his round with tomb raider and resident evil. I played those games to death :p

Im really hoping the new tomb raider is in the spirit of the 1st one which to my mind is still the best

paulyboy233

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
Resident Evil was quite simply a stunning game in every way. If i wasn't decapitating zombies, chances are i would have been playing Wipeout, with it's thumping soundtrack and super fast graphics.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
paulyboy233 said:
Resident Evil was quite simply a stunning game in every way. If i wasn't decapitating zombies, chances are i would have been playing Wipeout, with it's thumping soundtrack and super fast graphics.

Good call. I have it on the PS3 and it looks and sounds astonishing.

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Like this Thread!

How many can i have? Wipeout 2097 and Wip3out.Resident Evil 2 was amazing.Soul Caliber,Tomb Raider's 1-3. 1 was still the best though. Tekken 3.

Still have a Sega Saturn that i still play occasionally today. Got for arcade conversions, Sega Rally, Virtua Fighter 2, Virtual On and Virtua Cop. So many Sega classics.

Currently looking for a SNES, Killer Instinct and the Donkey Kong games were amazing.

A

Anonymous

Cookie Monster said:
Currently looking for a SNES, Killer Instinct and the Donkey Kong games were amazing.

I often contemplate searching for a SNES also but never seem to go through with it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts