What to do.....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Well I have read here of people bi-amping, bi-wiring and I think I understand why, but my question is this: -

I have the Marantz PM6002 with 2 sets of speaker outputs (2 L and 2 R), I also have the B&W 685s with 2 sets of inputs... you can see where I am going with this... Can I connect them?

PM6002, Outputs set 1 8-16 ohms, set 2 8-16 ohms and if both sets on 4-16 ohms

B&W 685, 8 ohms with a min 3.7 ohms

A

Anonymous

You can usually use both outputs, to be honest it's more for convenience than any gain in sound quality. For a bi-wire set-up you could connect 2 "+" wires together and 2 "-" wires together from each speaker and use 1 L & R output on your amp, at the speaker end connect the four wires seperately to each binding post obviously connecting + & - correctly.

Some people find bi-wiring beneficial some don't, only you can decide whether it works in your system.

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Fred Scuttle"]

In theory if the cables are top notch it shouldn't make any difference at all.

[/quote]

This of cause ignores the theory that biwiring works by reducing the modulation between the tweeter and the woofer.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Fred Scuttle"]
In theory if the cables are top notch it shouldn't make any difference at all.
[/quote]

DITTO

A

Anonymous

I personally prefer using one run of more expensive cable. Rather than buy 2 runs of cable to each speaker at say £10/meter buy one run per speaker at £20/meter. I have found the gains to be better this way.

Brent

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts