What system is best for me?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hey Guys,

Im lookign at spending 300-400£ on a new system/speakers....

I am purcahsing airport express with airtunes from apple - this allows you to out put music from itunes through the wireless hub and directly into a stereo..

So the main use is to plug the stereo/speakers directly into there...

What would be my best options - I have a few Ideas...

a marantz amp with some good speakers? 

fatman itube carbon with good speakers? - i love how it looks too...

Bose companion 5 speakers?

Eclipse TD 207PA II speakers?

Or could anyone else advise better - I really want something that sounds and looks amazing...

Cheers 

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I would suggest a Rotel RA04 amp (or Marantz 6002 if you must have a remote control) paired with Wharfdale 9.1s.

The Fatman has good sound, but there is a bit of a question over it's reliability. Not something that has been levelled at either the Rotel or Marantz.

At this price point, it generally is going to either look or sound amazing, not both I'm afraid...

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
If youre after a solid 'all rounder' system for that money then id suggest one of the sizzling seperates systems that Superfi do; more so, this one:

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/3856

My brother has just bought this so that he could connect his Project Debut III turntable and use his iPod as well and its bloody fantastic.

The F1 speakers really surprised me with their solid sound (they kick hell of a lot higher than their price tag suggest) and now their on solid stands (Atacama SE24's with atabites) they sound even better!

The NAD amp and CDP are great; lovely smooth playback with a solid sound, good bass weight, great midrange which is superb with vocals and nice crisp treble.

A

Anonymous

I agree completely with d_a_n1979. This combo will cost you £349.95 and is very good value.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts