What subwoofer should i buy

sceep

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I want to buy a subwoofer for my system which is not something special. My budget is 300 euro. The sub will be connected to Yamaha HTR6230. I'll use it for movies and music - jazz and chill. The room is 24m/2. I have only front speakers - Yamaha NS 8900.

What would you say about Dali Basis 100 ? Is there anything better for this money?

Cheers :)

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Where are you based?

Try the BK range of subs, the entry level Gemini II and has better specs than the sub you link, also a 10" driver but 150w power, I suspect the cabinet has better build qulaity and bracing too just judging by the looks. The Gemini is is just £215 and also availible in a choice of finishes.

If you can stretch the the XLS200 it will give you that little bit more, the XXLS400 better still and that is what I use.

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
At this price point nothing will beat the BK from what i've heard read.. Never seen a product with hundreds of recommendations/perfect reviews and not a bad word said.. They used to make the parts for companys like REL and a sub of the same spec is twice the price from these brands as you are cutting out the middle man and buying direct! I will be buying one blind next year and if by some miracle you don't like it you can sell it at a minimal loss.. Also it comes with the cables you need and looks cool.. Win win win IMO

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I think buying subs blind is far less risky than most audio components, in my experience they have less of a character and you can read a lot in to the specs alone assuming it is well made in terms of bracing etc., which the BKs are.

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
bluedroog said:
I think buying subs blind is far less risky than most audio components, in my experience they have less of a character and you can read a lot in to the specs alone assuming it is well made in terms of bracing etc., which the BKs are.

Agreed.. They do what they do. They're either good musically by accuratly producing the different frequencies or they are more 'one tone boom' or if they are underpowered or under 10'' can distort as they're being overworked and can't go as low.. The amp is designed to run that one frequency range

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
bluedroog said:

Yup!

IME Go with brands that specialize - BK / Velodyne / Rel / Paradigm / SVS etc

- ATC and KK are also excellent

I prefer sealed subs.

IMO. BK are the best VFM

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts