What Sub, Budget about £500 MAX....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I have a B&W 684 Cinema speaker set up with a B&W ASW610 Sub, but the sub isn't man enough for the job.

I want a crisp precise sound in movies (not wooly) but want to feel the bass thump in my chest if you know what I mean when playing reggae & deep bass notes but again not "wooly".

Can I achieve this for my budget or am I asking too much? Another thought I had was to maybe get another ASW610 & have 2 subs but not sure if this will help & also would need some kind of adapter to get both leads in to the socket on the amp (Onkyo 876).

Any sugestions would be welcome.

Am about to go fuoind some reviews on WHF.

Thanks in advance,

daveh75

call me mr chips:

Hi All,

I have a B&W 684 Cinema speaker set up with a B&W ASW610 Sub, but the sub isn't man enough for the job.

I want a crisp precise sound in movies (not wooly) but want to feel the bass thump in my chest if you know what I mean when playing reggae & deep bass notes but again not "wooly".

Can I achieve this for my budget or am I asking too much? Another thought I had was to maybe get another ASW610 & have 2 subs but not sure if this will help & also would need some kind of adapter to get both leads in to the socket on the amp (Onkyo 876).

Any sugestions would be welcome.

Am about to go fuoind some reviews on WHF.

Thanks in advance,

Take a look at bk electrics sub's, the monolith in particular it's less than £500 and wont find better for the money imho

A

Anonymous

I just read WHF review & it gives this sub a 5star rating........? Hmmm. not sure where to go with this now.

A

Anonymous

Hi Dave 75 do you have any links I could find info on these at all?

Thanks for the help.

daveh75

call me mr chips:

Hi Dave 75 do you have any links I could find info on these at all?

Thanks for the help.

See here, it's only available direct from the manufacturer so a bit of a leap of faith as demoing will probably be out of the question, though well worth the leap imo

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
emotion-21.gif
Agree with daveh75 this is an excellent sub for the money, it will rock you [so to speak] it is a family run company and the service is excellent so you can buy with confidence, you can read all about this sub on another forum, they have a dedicated thread on this very item.

Andy

A

Anonymous

The monolith's a proper sub! You wont get better for your moneys

A

Anonymous

I taking the leap, still battle'in with the Rega RS1 Vs BMW setup for speakers, But as far as subs go iv been buying a Monolith for almost a year. once i get wed next week its gona be a gift to myself

from what i can see, its a " 15Hz Man Sub" just right for movies. Oh Yeah

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts