what stands for monitor audio bx2

weesack

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
hi there iam going to but monitor audio bx2s and i want to have them on stands has anyone got any ideas, ive been looking at the sound style stands any comments would be great, cheers

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I'm using Soundstyles Z2 stands filled with atabites and am using some large Pioneer speakers on them with good success. The Pioneers are much larger than the BX2 speakers, so I think you will be fine. Alternatively, depending on budget go for the Atacama Nexus 6i or HMS2 (if you have the money). The HMS2 stands will be fine for any subsequent speaker upgrades. Partington also make good stands so try either the Superdreadnoughts, Trophy or Broadside. Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

On the above comments; the Atacama HMS2's will be too big; they've a HUGE top plate; when I demo'd my CM5's and some M/A RX2's, the HSM2's ONLY just fitted under the speakers and they're both much bigger than the BX2's!

The Atacama Nexus 6i's or Soundstyle Z2's would be spot on; for a more meatier and longer-lasting upgrade the Partington Super Dreadnoughts would suit very well.

All mass loaded with atabites will be a great upgrade
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

Soundstyles Z2 FTW! Great stands solid and heavy for £60 build quality is excelent and the BX2's fit perfectly on the small top plate! the larger tube is filled with polystyrine but im sure you could use other material but I have no issues with how they are out the box.

There great stands I would not pay anymore for a pair of stands for your BX2s your throwing your money up the wall that could be saved on a nice SUB or better cable etc

And what hi-fi seem to give them a 5 star review :)

http://www.whathifi.com/review/soundstyle-z2/

A

Anonymous

I have my BR2's on a pair of sand-filled Spectral BS 70's and they seem to work very well. Simple, clean looking stand IMO and the glass base plate matches my AV stand which makes my wife (and by default me!) happier
emotion-2.gif

Happy hunting,

Nick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts