What speakers with Naim

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have decided to purchase a Naim nait 5i & Naim CD5i. The problem is what speakers should I buy to go with them. I listened to the ProAc studio 110 they sounded great but what are the alternative should I consider Dali mentor 1 or 2. Would floor speakers, such as the Neat Moytive 2, be a better option. Your comments would be appreciated.

A

Anonymous

All the speakers you mention should work well with your Naim gear. PMC speakers (GB1i) also work well, so does Spendor but it all comes down to taste so try and test as many as you can. I have been using B&W 805s with my Nait for just under a year and I think after a long search I am going to purchase the Motive 1's after Christmas.

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
Rega speakers have always been a classic match for the Naim electronics. Neat Motive 2's cannot be played too loud or the woofer will bottom out.

I would rather get either Spendor or Harbeth for the same amount of money.ÿ

A

Anonymous

agreed with the motive 2's but the motive 1's go plenty loud enough. Mind you the 2's are probably loud enough for most people (and neighbours) and sound very nice indeed.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
I've got Dynaudio Audience 52SEs with this set up - sounds fantastic, although perhaps bass could be better...

Of course these are not a current model so you may not find them - although they crop on on eBay from time to time.

A

Anonymous

have recently got new naim setup with neat motive 2.They play plenty load enough for my taste and sound fantastic with all genres of music thats been thrown at it so far.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts