What Speakers to pair with Cyrus, Spendor?

PhilRis

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I’m currently running a Cyrus 6a DAC and a set of KEF 1Q 5SE’s. In reality it can sound a bit bright and thin at times. I’m looking to upgrade the speakers, initially demoed the new B&W 684 S2 and wasn’t overly impressed. I’m now considering the Spendor S3 / SR2.

Your thought’s and advice would be much appreciated. I listen to a lot of vinyl, covering blues, rock and indie music.

Thanks!

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
You might also look at Vienna Acoustics and Kef R Series (which sound very different to IQ Series).

Couldn't agree more. I ran a Cyrus 8VS2 with Kef R300's for a while and they were a fantastic combination. Great weight and wonderfully dynamic.

ChrisIRL

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Recently had a Cyrus 6a amp for a home demo with 685 S2’s. Very nice combo. A little bass light but certainly not bright, just extremely clear and detailed.

mrc

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I have cyrus 6vs + Spendor S3/5R speakers and would say they are an excellent match with the emphasis on accoustic/vocal mid range performace. The speakers are also unfussy about placement and the bass will never get out of control. However if you listen to rock/jazz and also at low volume I would look elsewhere because you will find the treble and bass too recessed unless you crank the volume up considerably!

eternaloptimist

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Audiovector! But I would say that....!

I second the motion for auditioning Vienna Acoustics. Was a close thing when looking and was a coin toss between VA and AV - would have been very happy with the VA.

PMC are also mentioned. Not my taste.

Spendor was lovely with classical but I found a little reserved.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts