What speakers should I buy

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just upgraded my components to a Naim CDX2, Naim Nac 202/Hi-cap/Napsc,Nap 200 and am looking to replace my Spendor S6's with some standmounted speakers.As anybody got any idea as to what speakers would work well with this setup.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
You don't mention a budget, so I'm going to assume! Do you want to upgrade or sidestep to a standmount?

Take a look at ProAc Response D2's, Tannoy Definition DC8's, Monitor Audio Platinum PL100's, and Dali Helicon 300's. If you want one of the cleanest top and and midranges around, try KEF's Reference 201/2's.

A

Anonymous

sonus faber cremonas or vienna acoustics haydns but it depends on your room and taste in music

A

Anonymous

one off:
sonus faber cremonas or vienna acoustics haydns but it depends on your room and taste in music

chebby:Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 or Super HL5

Who? Have I lost the plot here?

Redkev:I have just upgraded my components to a Naim CDX2, Naim Nac 202/Hi-cap/Napsc,Nap 200 and am looking to replace my Spendor S6's with some standmounted speakers.As anybody got any idea as to what speakers would work well with this setup.

Hi Redkev

I would suggest that you consider ATC's SCM19 speakers. The SCM19's feature a massively engineered mid bass unit which features ATC's Super Linear Magnet Technology to help reduce distortion.

If your budget allows and if you are still be prepared to stay with floorstanding speakers than please also consider ATC's SCM40 speakers. Whilst there is no difference in HF performance between the SCM40's and the SCM19's however in most other areas (below) there is a significant uplift in performance over the SCM19's (especially in the critical mid range). The SCM40's feature a massively engineered bass and ATC's (the original) studio Soft Dome mid range units. The Soft Dome unit is capable of covering a frequeny range of 300hz to 4khz and also achieves an exceptionally broad and even dispersion, so the reverberant sound field matches the on axis sound which results in a flat frequeny response almost anywhere in the room!

The SCM19's and SCM40's are closed box designs and more importantly are also flat and honest which helps with room positioning with the (low frequency in particular) getting itself into a twist. The ATC's with their (amongst other qualities) uncoloured, natural and powerful presentation will help the qualities of your Naim components to shine through.

Btw, the SCM19's and SCM40's retail at £1534 and £2044 respectively.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Graham_Thomas:

chebby:Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 or Super HL5

Who? Have I lost the plot here?

Harbeth a British loudspeaker company founded by Dudley Harwood a senior research engineer for the BBC. (Harbeth = Harwood + Elizabeth his wife.)

Just like Spendor was founded by Spencer Hughes, another senior research engineer at the BBC. (Spendor = Spencer & Dorothy Hughes.)

The ex-BBC engineering hi-fi 'mafia' also now includes Leema (based in Wales) founded by Lee Taylor and Mallory Nicholls who are both ex-BBC engineers.

Spot a pattern emerging?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts