What speakers (Quad, MA or Tannoy) with my Azur 340 amp and cd player?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Im new to the world of hifi and have just invested in the entry level Cambridge Audio Azur 340 amp and cd player and Im now looking for speakers to pair with these. I live in Brisbane so opportunities to listen to different speakers with the Azur set up is very limited and Im hoping that someone out there might be able to give me some guidance. A local hifi shop has Quad 11L 2Way Bookshelf speakers on special for around the same price as I can pick up the Monitor Audio BR2’s and the Tannoy Mercury F1’s, but Ive read that the Quads are a bit picky about the amps they run with. There is also a another option which Ive actually heard with the amp and cd player, which I liked, but had nothing to compare against, these are the Sonique SLIM 66 speakers, but as they are Australian made Id be surprised if anyone has even heard of these. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
1. Buy the Quads

2. Pour a cold one - I gather from upside-down rellies of our esteemed Buying Guide Editor it's a bit warm there now

3. Relax

4. Enjoy

A

Anonymous

Hello everyone. I have the same question regarding the Cambridge Audio Azur 340c + Azur 340A, only that its nearly impossible to find the Quads 11L/12L/21L where I live.The bookshelf offer limmits to:

• MA BR1 BR2
  • Tanoy
  • Wharfedale
  • Triangle
  • Epos
  • B&W
  • Mission
  • Magnat
Can you please help me chose a model from above list, given the following facts:

• im listening to blues/jazz mostly
  • from time to time i really enjoy acdc
  • my room is about 3.5 x 4.5m

My second question is same as above but with the NAD C325BEE + NAD 525BEE configuration. What is your recommendation?

Thank you very much for any little hints! Have a very nice day!

TRENDING THREADS