What speakers for PRIMARE kit?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I will be upgrading to the Primare CD31 and Primare I30 soon. Any advice on the best floorstanding speakers for these? Price not exceeding £1500.00.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and welcome.

Best regards.

A

Anonymous

Thank you JD. I had hoped that you would be the first to respond.

A

Anonymous

I tried the (older) PMC GB1+ and FB1+ with that kit; superb! The FB1s were great fun and the GB1 very nice. The Primare was a good match for the older PMC sound and I can imagine the new boxes sound even sweeter.

I've heard the Sonus Faber Concerto Domus on a single ended valve amp and the realism was out of this world so it would be nice to try them with the Primare.

Finally I tried the MA GS60 with them but found it to be a bit too treble orientated. In this case it wasn't a bright sound but gave a very different presentation to the PMC and SF that I couldn't live with.

A

Anonymous

Cheers mates! I'm going to be looking out for ex-demo / used and will try your suggestions out.

A

Anonymous

I found Primare sounding good with Monitor Audio speakers. But maybe GS series is beyond that budget...GS20 would me great for that kit.

A

Anonymous

If you have the room then get the FB1s! Obviously it depends on the usual factors, taste, etc, but they're enormous fun. Their bass response and timbre is incredibly punchy and powerful. You don't buy these babies if you're after accuracy but there's more to life than "hifi"...

A

Anonymous

I agree on the Focal.

Nice speakers with very good design and finish. The 800V Series may suit your needs.

Anyway, IMHO I think that with such budget you're going to do a sidestep and not an upgrade with your speaker. If you can not stretch your budget to reach a higher series of a any brand I'd keep your Epos M22 (that cost 1735? or 1407 pounds here in Spain).

If you're not happy with their sound, that's another story.

And congratulations with the option chosen for the CD and amp. I love Primare machinery.

Try the Focal, anyway.

A

Anonymous

You're right SMO. I might just keep my M22's. They are great speakers with my current kit.

I will see how they sound with the Primare kit before deciding to keep them or to get something else.

Many thanks all for your valued contribution. Much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Thank you John. That just reaffirms the fact that I need to give the M22's a really good listen with the new kit, before deciding anything to the contrary.

A

Anonymous

matengawhat:i heard focals and primare are supposed to go very well together

2nd that. I auditioned the Primare combo (Int & Pre-Power) with 1027BE. It was magnificent and out of the world. Should definitely give it a try.

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

Quite a selection - thanks guys. I have quite a few to audition now.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
That is one great thing about Primare, it's have a balance sound (a tad smooth but more balance than many!) that you can use more or less whatever speakers you fancy.

A

Anonymous

Point noted, Thaiman. It's sounding very good now with my present speakers.

A

Anonymous

I am in the process of purchasing Primare kit with a Monitor Audio GS60 based 5.1 set up to be installed in a couple of weeks. It sounded great to me. Unfortunately it was not convenient for me to demo the Primare with other speakers. Hopefully it will work ok in the intended room.

A

Anonymous

The MA GS60's must have sounded simply sensational, no doubt! I have booked a demo over the weekend and will be testing the speakers suggested on this forum by our esteemed members.

A

Anonymous

They did! But it would have been interesting to hear the GS20s for comparison. There seem to be a lot more reviews of the GS20s available and I have had to assume that the GS60s are inherently better!!

A

Anonymous

Well, they'll sound better than the GS20 if they have space enough in your room .. If you don't maybe yes... GS20 may sound better 'in your room'.

Anyway nice kit you have... ÿ
emotion-21.gif

ÿ

ÿ

A

Anonymous

The new cinema room is 5 x 4 metres with the GS60s going on the front 4m wide wall. I just hope the room is big enough. Any thoughts? (System is going in on 16 Sep).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts