What speaker for Pioneer X-HM 72

twocerveza

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I recently purchased a Pioneer micro system. It's named X-HM72 and is derived from Pioneer A-70 amplifier. Basically, it's a class D amplifier which is supposed to deliver 2x50 watts under 4 ohms. I believe it's more something like 2x15 watts as it only eats 52 watts at maximum. It also has a pre amp out for sub-woofer.

I am not happy with the speakers provided, I am then looking to replace them with something better. I am looking for something cheap and small. My listening room is about 30m square but I will be listening at moderate levels as this is a dining room. I would occasionally like to crank it up though.

Speakers I am currently looking at are Roth audio RA1, Q acoustics 2010i or wharfedale diamond 10.1. My problem is that I have no way to listen to them. I must trust online reviews.

In this size and price range, what you guys would chose ? Any other model you would look into ?

Thanks for your help.

twocerveza

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Well, now that the test has just been released on What Hifi, I am trying to ask this same question again.

Do you think upgrading the speakers will help to get a better sound in any way ?

Cheers

twocerveza said:
Well, now that the test has just been released on What Hifi, I am trying to ask this same question again.

Do you think upgrading the speakers will help to get a better sound in any way ?

Cheers

Welcome to the forum (should that not be doscerveza?)

Reading behind the review it would appear that many of their observations on sound quality could indeed be down to the speakers themselves rather than the amplifier. Even if the amp is a little lacking then the addition of different speakers is only going to improve matters. Either the Q Acoustic or the Wharfdale would be my choice depending on the space you have available.

Chrisbos

May 4, 2015
Visit site
I am considering getting the Pioneer X-HM72. Need to know if the Bronze BX2 speakers made a big difference? Is there still enough volume when you use 8 Ohm speakers? Please share you experience
Chris

twocerveza

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I am supposed to receive my speakers in 4 to 8 weeks. I am happy to share my experience but you will need to be a bit patient I suppose.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts