what soundbar ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi guys , i have a 46 inch panasonic plasma , which i have in a corner in my lounge , a 5.1 surround system wouldnt suit me , or even a 2.1 , because there is no way to place the speakers correctly , with the tv being in the corner , so i think ill need a soundbar , as my tvs sound is xxxx , my budget is about £400 ( approx 440 euros im in ireland ) can anyone reccomend a good one ? i wont be able to check out too many myself as where i live soundbars are not in abundance , i will prob order online , my tv has only 2 hdmi ports , i have a humax foxsat hd and am getting a ps3 shortly , does anyone know how i could set the soundbar up ( when i have it ) so i can swich between the ps3 and humax without changing hdmis ? if this is possible , ps , i realise i wont get real surround sound with the soundbar , and thats fine , but im hoping for a nice bit of base , and hopefully , expansive sound , i dont want a subwoofer , maybe im asking for alot , any help would be great , thanks ....

A

Anonymous

CANT SEEM TO FIND THE YSP600 HERE IN IRELAND , THE YSP 900 IS ON SALE WHERE I LIVE FOR 699EURO , DOES THAT SEEM A GOOD PRICE , IS IT ANY GOOD ?

A

Anonymous

I think it's an older model without HDMI.

The YSP-600, HTY-760, 30D and 40D are the newer models I think. The YSP-600 has 2 HDMI inputs for your PS3 and Freesat and 1 HDMI out to the TV for convenience. You can also hook the TV up to the YSP for freeview sound using a phono lead and an added extra is that it is compatible with Viera Link so you can control Volume,Mute, On/Off of the YSP using the Panasonic remote if your TV has it.

Look at the Yamaha Website for details and manuals etc.

A

Anonymous

thanks guys , ive checked out those models , looks like the ysp600 is the one , ill post where i got it and how much in a few weeks ...

A

Anonymous

headfi:
I think it's an older model without HDMI.

The YSP-600, HTY-760, 30D and 40D are the newer models I think. The YSP-600 has 2 HDMI inputs for your PS3 and Freesat and 1 HDMI out to the TV for convenience. You can also hook the TV up to the YSP for freeview sound using a phono lead and an added extra is that it is compatible with Viera Link so you can control Volume,Mute, On/Off of the YSP using the Panasonic remote if your TV has it.

Look at the Yamaha Website for details and manuals etc.
that seems perfect headfi , many thanks ..

A

Anonymous

one more thing , is there an internal upscaler in the ysp600 ? the foxsats scaler isnt great ..

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Sound and Vision website do some cracking deals on Yamaha Soundbars which is where I got mine but for Upscaling you would have to go for the 40D which is more expensive.

A

Anonymous

thanks shado ill check out sound and vision , is the upscaler in the 40d likely to be better than the humax , or the tv PANASONIC TH46PZ8B ?

A

Anonymous

sound and vision has the ysp600 for £299 , the ysp30d is £459 and the ysp40d is £699 , those prices look quite good , i think ill go with the ysp600 , it will propably be good enough , my tv only cost 950 euros , so i need to keep costs relative .. i will email them to see if they can deliver to ireland , thanks again shado ...

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
To be honest I cannot see the Yamaha being better than your TV but I cannot comment on the Humax as I have no knowledge/experience of this product.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts