what should I buy?? budget £2000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi, I would like to buy a new system and I would need your advice. My budget is £2000,we listen to all kind of music from classical to pop, the room is 90 sq meter. Can anyone tell me what would be a good system for the budget.

Many thanks

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Roughly how far will you be sitting from the speakers when it's in place?

90 square metres is a big old room. So floorstanding speakers are pretty much essential. You'll also need an amp with plenty of grunt.

You could get the Roksan Kandy pair of CD & Amp, and you could get a pair or Monitor Audio RS6s. This should come in around your budget once interconnects and speaker cables are factored in.

You can upgrade to the Kandy power amp when funds allow.

A

Anonymous

do you think that would be better than a cyrus cd8x + cyrus 8vs2 + spendor s5e???? it s on 2000£ at sevenoaks???

A

Anonymous

Maybe, maybe not. But if that offer is on you should be down there auditioning it right away;)

I think the cyrus amps have plenty of grunt, but the spendors probably a bit compact fir such a large room. See if you can get some gold signature 20's or older gold ref 20's to go with those amps. I can tel you first hand the GR20's have a hell of a lot of authority and will fill a room that size very well.

A

Anonymous

For the size of your room, the Cyrus may lack the grunt - I would personally go for the Kandy option, as suggested by Big Chris.

A

Anonymous

ok then for the kandy option, concerning the speakers, is there any other alternative??? ie bw 684??? or others??

many thanks for your answers

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Of course, with speakers you're spoilt for choice.

There are the M.A RS8s. Which may give a bit more scale in a room your size. B&W 684 & 683s. Push the budget a bit, or haggle for a discount and Dali Ikon 6 and Epos M22s are open to you. Also, check out: Revolver R45s, Kef IQ7SE, Mission M33i, Quad 22L.......

I could go on...........

:)

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Personally, (see my sig) I'm a B&W fan, but I'll freely admit my experience with other brands is very limited, and floorstanders even more so. The above recommendations are based on testimony of people on here, people I know from 'elsewhere' & magazine reviews.

You're in danger of everyone chipping in saying, basically, "Buy my speakers". That's gonna be no help to you.

If people can give the characteristics of their speakers. Then you can start to make a short list, which you'll hopefully be able to audition.

I'd love to tell you about my B&Ws, but they're standmounts, and of an older vintage. I, like you, will await the arrival of people with more up-to-date equipment.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
evian:do you think that would be better than a cyrus cd8x + cyrus 8vs2 + spendor s5e???? it s on 2000£ at sevenoaks???

Give them a ring and arrange a demo certainly.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
i reckon my kandy amp and dynaudio focus 110's could fill that size room. the room i demo'd in at the shop was about that size. the focus's benefit from a bit of room around them and have an astonishing amount of bass impact for such a small speaker. if your preference was for standmounts, then i'd say give them a demo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts