What phono stage for NAD C370?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Looking at getting a new amp (NAD C370) and it needs a phono stage to go with my old LP12 (like, very old - serial no. 13XXX!). Now the LP12 is not my main music source - that will be a Mac Mini through a DAC (playing Lossless) so I don't want to spend a fortune. I guess my question is what external phono stage would be comparable to those found in say a Marantz PM7003, Yamaha AS500, Rotel RA-06 etc?

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
What's your max budget Jimijazz?

Low end (£60-80ish) - Rega fono mini, Project Phono Box, NAD PP2 (all are MM-only) - probably the NAD for synergy.

Low-mid (£100-150ish) - Cambridge 640p, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2

All of the above should be comparable with the amps you mention, with the Graham Slee a good bit above (but it is £150ish).

A

Anonymous

Budget is not massive as vinyl is still just a minor indulgence, not an essential - I guess I wouldn't want to spend much more than £100.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
In that case, go for the NAD PP2, or if you want to archive your vinyl to computer, the PP3 (it has a USB socket as well as the phonos).

It will do the job perfectly.

Oh, and apologies - they both support moving coil (MC) as well as moving magnet (MM) cartridges.

barrieJ

Dec 29, 2008
Visit site
Hi

I'm in the same vote. have just bought Arcam avr400 (which has no phono stage) and have an LP12, but no body has a really good selection up here (highland/inverness) so will have to get 1 off the internet would love to hear more feed back on this. i would be spending upto £150 but dont mind getting a second hand one.

barrie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts