what kef speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,i am just about ready to buy some surround sound speakers and reciever,it's a toss up between the kef kht3005se or kht2005.3,seeing as my tv is wall mounted and 3.5 metres away from the sofa/opposite wall,would it be a waste for me to buy the kht3005se,the rear speakers would be very close to the listener,the room is 8m in length with the tv on the side wall down one end of the room,if the 3005's would be overkill would take advantage of sevenoaks offer of the 2005.3 and denon1909,would run the 3005 with a yamaha reciever,am currently watching through ps3 and virgin v+,any advice gratefully recieved.
emotion-18.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Definitely not overkill to go with the bigger KEFs - you can always wall-mount the rears and fire them down towards the sofa, but even on stands they won't be an issue if you run the receiver set-up (including setting up correct speaker distances) thoroughly.

Go for it - they're an investment in your future enjoyment!

A

Anonymous

Hi, I have previously owned both of these speaker packages, and the 3005se's are much better than the 2005.3's in my opinion.

(now running a 6.1 set up of Polk Audio LC80i custom install, in ceiling speakers)

Their rated output is very similar, if not the same, but the 3005se's are just far clearer, you don't have to have them turned up full all the time (although I probably do).

In terms of the amp, I recently sold my Pioneer VSX-LX50 and listened to the new Yamaha AX-763 & 863, Denon 1909, and Sony 2400ES, all on 3005se's (in a demo room).

The 2 new Yamaha's absolutely murdered the others in terms of clarity, surround positioning and musically. I went for the 763, as I have a bu ray player & sky+hd, so I only needed the 2 HDMIs and did not need the upscaling.

For £325.00 it's an absolute steal and perfect for your room (mine is 3.5m x 6.7m).

Try and have a listen for yourself.

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Now thats what i call a quick response time,thanks for your time guys,am going to try to get a listen to the 3005's and yamaha 863

A

Anonymous

p.s. does anybody know if the kht3005se speakers have covers as i have never seen a picture with them on?

A

Anonymous

Hi, Yes they have a magnetic flush fitting grilles, although they look much better without. beware that the silver finish, come with black grilles.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts