What itnerconnect for a slightly warm system? How much do I spend ?

Fixt00l

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Good morning, ladies and gents, I desperately need your help, choosing an analogue interconnect.I have quit wondering if a better cable would make a difference - the Furutech ADL Formula 2 USB cable indeed offers a deeper soundstage and better punch and dynamics, exactly as Whathifi review says.I have switched back to the stock cable multiple times, but it was not my imagination - although expensive, it was well worth it.The result is a slightly warm sound, I`d take warm over bright any day, since I really hate a bright sound.My current system is somewhat low-end and I wonder how much money is it acceptable to spend on an interconnect between the cheap DAC and the amp:

Speakers : Boston Acoustics A25 + Atlas Equator 2.0 OFC speaker cables, sitting on my desk, very close to the rear wall.I have been moving those speakers with 20 cm back and forth - and I heard no difference over days of intensive listenings to lossless audio.

DAC: Arcam rPAC + Furutech ADL Formula 2 USB Cable

Amplifier : Harman-Kardon HK6550 ( professionally restored ) - a very neutral and dynamic amplifier.

I was thinking of the 5* reviewed cables, the Atlas Equator MKIII, or the Furutech ADL Alpha Line 1 ( the latter helps for the separation, snapping everything back in place, says the Whathifi review ).Or maybe something else? I have no problem spending the money if it is worth it, but if the Furutech USB and the new interconnect together cost as much as the Arcam rPAC, wouldn`it it be somewhat strange?

TrevC

Different speakers probably. They are pretty cheap. The best bet is to listen to some different ones. The speakers are the most important thing in any stereo system.

Don't bother with cables, you want real differences, not placebo ones.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts