What is your favouite tune from a tv ad??

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Was watching the tv last night and an amazing advert came on. The visuals were spectacular...... The soundtrack was brilliant!! The ad was for the new Audi A7 sportback...

Anyone listened to/watched an advert on the tv and then gone to hunt down the Artist playing??

Out of curiosity anyone know who did the music for the Audi advert??

In the past i have discovered

The beep beep song

The Bellamy Bros- Let your love flow(Barclays) Was 1st dance at my Wedding!!

Leftfield everything (Guiness)

And the list goes ooonnnn!!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
john1000000boy:
Was watching the tv last night and an amazing advert came on. The visuals were spectacular...... The soundtrack was brilliant!! The ad was for the new Audi A7 sportback...

Anyone listened to/watched an advert on the tv and then gone to hunt down the Artist playing??
Out of curiosity anyone know who did the music for the Audi advert??

http://www.audi.co.uk/new-cars/a7/a7-sportback/watch-the-advert.html

It's Bassment Jaxx "Dracula", apparently, remixed for the advert, so you might struggle to get that exact version.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
My favourite was a Dulux paint advert from the 1970`s which featured a song called `Love Transformation` by the Nolan Sisters. It was some years later when I found a 7" copy on the Target label and I`ve only fairly recently managed to get it on cd. Songs in adverts can be very effective because you only hear a short segment and it leaves you wanting more.

There have been loads through the years though a more recent-ish one I liked was a christmas advert by John Lewis in 2009 which featured a new version of Enya`s `How Can I Keep From Singing` by Camilla Kerslake. I bought the album on cd which is very nice indeed.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
From the Jaguar advert some years back:

propellerheads-history-repeating-evasee.jpg

I was reminded of this just recently, when I bought this Nat King Cole album on vinyl
emotion-2.gif

0000266673_350.jpg

PS - If you're not sure of the music used in an advert, this website - TV Ad Music - is a useful resource
emotion-21.gif

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
This can be useful...

http://www.tvadmusic.co.uk/

Also, Shazam on your mobile (charges apply etc). Dial 2580 from your phone and hold it near to the speaker. You'll get a text back with the artist/track. There's an app for iPhone/Android but the short dial works from any mobile.

Nas88

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Carphone Warehouse ad about the history of communication. Tune from that was Hitchhikers Choice by Minilogue. Album was called Animals, 1 of the best electronic albums of all time!

Ditto to Paul about Leftfield, without that add, would of never heard of them. O2 ad and Guiness.

Aphex Twin played on the Mercedes ad.

Many others, just can't remember what ad they were in.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:I bought Martin Grech's 'Open Heart Zoo' on the back of the Lexus advert from a few years back (and a mate's recommendation).

Yep, me too. It was that pretty tasty Lexus convertible, that I can't remember the name of. That was 2002, Chris. Man, that's gone fast!

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
bretty:
In the House In a Heartbeat - John Murphy.

It was from a Peugot 207 (I think) ad in 2003. It took me ages to find out the name of the song, when the ad was out. I knew it was familiar, then realised it was also used as the theme music for '28 days later', a couple of years before.

Arrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!! So that's where it's from! Seems to be used by Top Gear in every episode and numerous documentaries. It's been bugging me for years and years: "Where have I heard this music before???!!!"

Cheers, Bretty
emotion-21.gif

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Computer sensing love by steph for the csl adverts, used to give my subwoofer a good workout, the bass was fantastic, i liked it so much i downloaded it from itunes.
smiley-laughing.gif

A

Anonymous

Made out of glue by the Velvet Underground got stuck in my head for weeks. Just shows the power of advertising - I have no idea what advert it was from! ;-) although, speaking of Audi, the ad they did using Heroin (the song..) still stands out...

+1 for the guiness/leftfield ad, a perfect mix of visuals and music, although the tunes were already getting a good workout on the stereo before the ad!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts