What is the difference between Speakers equiped Amplier and DVD Hifi Player equiped with its original speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dear!

I am new to this forum and my name is LUCK. I would like to buy Panasonic DVD HIFI Player which will give 7000W output and it is include 4 speakers, but I hesitate to buy it because my friend told me that it's better to buy the Amplier that can be equiped with 600W speakers (2 Speakers = 600W). He said though it was 600W output, it will probably give louder sound than the DVD HIFI Player 7000W that I am going to buy. I am not very sure about his recomment. Is it right that he said so?

Anyway, will the speakers equiped with the Amplier really give louder sound than the speakers equiped with the DVD HIFI Player when the Output is in the same Watt, for example, 400W?

Sorry for complex questions and I am really in wonder about s.th I heard and I could hardly believe my ears that time, so please explain to me in details and then I can understand about above.

Thanks a lot and best wishes to you!

My best regards,

LUCK

dannycanham

May 5, 2009
Visit site
I would completely ignore W ratings when it comes to working out how loud a system can go unless you want a system that can create the loudest horrible screech.

dannycanham

May 5, 2009
Visit site
You have three different watt types

PMPO peek maximum power output (can be made to look massive)

MPO maximum power output (can be made to look big)

RMS root mean square (not very accurate for loudness either but the best attempt and is lower than the others)

The numbers can be made to look high by adding each value for each speaker. They can be made even higher again by giving the maximum the speaker can handle not the power given to it by the amplifier. They can be made higher by ignoring distortion or lower by being stricter on distortion.

Watts is mostly a marketing gimmick to hook people in with huge numbers.

It does have a use in seperates when using the RMS of the amp and recommended power for speakers for correct matching.

It would take ages to explain it. Wiki has quite a good guide on watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_power

TRENDING THREADS