What is the best NAS music streamer ?

satycool

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Having already got the excellent all-in-one Marantz CR603 for my bedroom, and discovered Interent radio and Streaming (I'm currently in the early process as I only just got streaming music on Xbox 360 by using PC). I am thinking of now getting streamer for a larger room dowmstairs. I am finding this a bit confusing with all the tech-jargon; but! have got around to understand the main things I would like and have narrowed it down to the following:

1) Must be within £1000 (Max £1500)

2)Would prefer and amp built in, all in one system.

3)High resolutin music or at least 24bit/92khz with FLAC. Must have great sound! (I listen to ambient, deep-house, techno, tech-house, dub-techno).

4)NAS compatible

5)Easy to use interface and preferbly setting up

4)Wireless (though homeplugs can be used if not)

I was interested in the following:

1)Naim UnitiQute

2)Cyrus Streamine (though a bit over my saved up budget!)

3)Olive 3HD

4)Cambidge Audio NP30

Have just look at the Pioner N-30 and N-50. This seems an amazing piece of kit and great price but I believe its not out!

Any help or recommendations on what to buy or not will be very helpful.

satycool

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm just waiting for the Pioneer N-30 or N-50 reviews. This is well within my budget and looks to have everything I need. Some online shops stock them, if the reviews are good it will be a great money saver with all the highend features!.. A dream come true :rockout:

Also forgot to mention Gapless play - I understand the Cyrus is capable of this and some have mentioned Naim and Linn, but, can't confirm if true.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Near enough, though you need to download the appropriate control software. It can be controlled with PDA, iThingy or laptop. More info here:
http://small.linncdn.com/product-catalogue/documents/Linn_Sneaky_Music_DS_Product_Information.pdf

There's more about DS here....scroll with sideways arrows (half way down):
http://www.linn.co.uk/systems/ds#range

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts