What is Micro Lens Array (MLA) technology?

SL 75

Feb 7, 2023
Visit site
I've yet to see a satisfactory explanation for what the MLA actually does to increase light output without any change to the source level. A lens can only collimate the light or diverge it, or is the MLA simply more transmissive than the "OC" layer shown in the left diagram? Everything I've seen so far is showing stronger light and shooting in all directions at the same time!

podknocker

I'm bewildered now with all these panel technologies. Then you have the various picture processing methods. I was thinking about a small TV I could also use as a monitor, about 3 feet away, but I don't know where to start. A 42" LG OLED would be ideal, but there's always a better TV out the following year. I don't mind progress, but this stuff doesn't sit still for 5 minutes and I'm fed up of chasing specs these days. It was so much easier with only CRTs on sale!

Reactions: SL 75

SL 75

Feb 7, 2023
Visit site
I'm bewildered now with all these panel technologies. Then you have the various picture processing methods. I was thinking about a small TV I could also use as a monitor, about 3 feet away, but I don't know where to start. A 42" LG OLED would be ideal, but there's always a better TV out the following year. I don't mind progress, but this stuff doesn't sit still for 5 minutes and I'm fed up of chasing specs these days. It was so much easier with only CRTs on sale!
Just buy something good now and don't worry too much, there is of course always something better coming but life is too short. Read specs if you enjoy the challenge, otherwise don't kill your brain, you can still enjoy a TV.

Meanwhile, I still have not found a solid explanation of how a passive lens can amplify light while at the same time dispersing it over a wider area.

Shawn1234

Mar 12, 2023
Visit site
Just buy something good now and don't worry too much, there is of course always something better coming but life is too short. Read specs if you enjoy the challenge, otherwise don't kill your brain, you can still enjoy a TV.

Meanwhile, I still have not found a solid explanation of how a passive lens can amplify light while at the same time dispersing it over a wider area.

It looks like it reduces reflection within the panel:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts