What is HI-FI to you.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After reading a lot of threads on this site got me thinking as to what is HI-FI.

Some people want plenty of bass, some want a really bright system, but is that HI-FI,

To me HI-FI is as true , accurate, and faithfully reproduction of sound as is possible and if a system is any of the above it is not true HI-FI, I have been to a lot of concerts and I know what an orchestra sounds like, so my goal is to get as close to that as possible. Of course this is my opinion, and others may well seek something else.............

John Duncan

[quote user="bluetorric"]To me HI-FI is as true , accurate, and faithfully reproduction of sound as is
possible[/quote]

Second that. However, i was thinking about this the other day - I listen to music on my iPod and in the kitchen, but when it's on the proper hifi it's a different thing - am listening to the music and its reproduction. In fact, on the hifi I find myself watching the music.

I acknowledge that this is not necessarily a good thing.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I would say it's to get the sound as close possible to what the recording engineer envisaged. Obviously you're not going to get a "live" performance from a heavily-mixed studio album, but if you can get close to what the engineer/producer wanted, that's got to be along the right path.

Saying that, if the system is missing bass depth, or has a muted treble, it isn't going to reproduce everything it should be...

A

Anonymous

Thats a good point, perhaps we should buy our music by the preference of the studio engineer/producer,after all one might be a treble person an another might a bass person....................

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="bluetorric"]perhaps we should buy our music by the preference of the studio engineer/producer[/quote]

Up to you, but I prefer to buy music I like, and make allowances if I know the label / producer has a certain sound...
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts