what hifi team which is better onkyo 905 or 906

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I hope anyone on the whathifi team could answer this

how does the onkyo 906 4 star rate compared to the 905 5 star

is the 906 better or not as good as the 905 and did the the 906 get 4 stars because of the competition not because it is not as good as tthe 905

you say in the magazine review in the blue area(know how) :"network music is controllable via its on screen display" do you mean on the amplifier or on the tv? does the 905 also have this function?

i am also considering buying a dac beresford or cambridge to play music from my computer and miss out my soundcard

is this still necessary with a 905 or 906

greets

Emile

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
gsuk:you say in the magazine review in the blue area(know how) :"network music is controllable via its on screen display" do you mean on the amplifier or on the tv? does the 905 also have this function?
The 905 does have this function. You can browse through the display but it's pretty limited - a lot easier through the TV. Not sure how this compares with the 906 though.

gsuk:i am also considering buying a dac beresford or cambridge to play music from my computer and miss out my soundcard

is this still necessary with a 905 or 906?
So long as your computer has some DLNA enabled software on it (e.g. Twonky Media, or Windows Media Player I think is compatible), it's not strictly necessary. I couldn't tell you whether the Beresford / Cambridge DAC would sound better than the Onkyo or not. If I had to hazard a guess, I would say the Cambridge probably would, not sure about the Beresford. Also, depending on how your PC is set up, the front end is probably going to be better than the Onkyo (the 905 at least). The Onkyo is not particularly intuitive or spell binding in its presentation!

A

Anonymous

proffesor hat thanks for your reply

so you say it is also possible to get the music files on the tv screen,great that is what i want.

and as for the DAC it probably wouldnt do the music any harm would it.

greets Emile

TRENDING THREADS