WHAT HIFI TEAM: Onkyo LS-V501

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please can you tell me all you know and your opinions about this system and a review asap. I think this is exactly the sort of thing I am looking for at the right price for the loft conversion (bedroom) I am currently undergoing. I was going to install my old Yamaha HTIB-40 system together with the Samsung DVDHD870 but the Onkyo system seems the perfect alternative (less boxes, less speakers, improved HD performance, very stylish, etc) all for £600!!! When is it available and more importantly how good is it?

A

Anonymous

Ahhhhh!!!!! I need info!!!

If you would be so kind Andrew, would you have a quick look at the manual on the Onkyo site.

I intially thought I would be able to conect my Sky+ box via scart and digital optical to the onkyo with just an HDMI to the LCD TV. However, looking through the manual this would not seem possible and I would have to use a composite connection from the sky to the onkyo and then a scart to the TV. This would defeat the simplicty (less boxes/cables/speakers) and improved performance I was looking for although I could just run a scart from the sky to the tv instead.
Could you just check that I have all that correct (or not).

Thanks.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yup, that's how I read it too. So you'll need Scart direct from Sky to TV (rather than going via the Onkyo, as I think this will give the better picture), digital optical from Sky to the Onkyo for sound, and an HDMI from the Onkyo to the TV for DVD playback.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Juzzie Wuzzie"]Andrew - thoughts on the 501 paired with two satellites and the subwoofer from the Jamo A102 speaker system I just ordered?[/quote]

Haven't heard it, so not a clue.

[quote user="Juzzie Wuzzie"]Do you think it will come out multi-region?[/quote]

No solid information, but most DVD devices are available multiregion, so I'd be very surprised if it wasn't.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts