What Hi-Fi Team...problem with Google Chrome

bladeslap

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I use the excellent Google Chrome as my default browser.

Unfortunately it doesn't allow me to post messages on this site - all the message link/boxes are invisible. I have to revert to Explorer to post messages which has the additional problem of not recognising my password set in Chrome!

For information, I find Chrome renders pages at a blistering rate compared with other browsers.

Thanks in advance.

topbloke55

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
I use Chrome and unfortunaly for bladeslp it works fine for posting.

One issue I haveÿnoticed since the new year, maybe the server move, the pages never fully load, the browser is left waiting for whatfihi.com...

I have not been able to track down what it is, which I know does not help at all. ÿI have tried clearing cookies.ÿ

bladeslap

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Andrew.

That's strange Topbloke...I can't understand that. FWIW my WHF pages download fully.

Maybe the DM Team (who they?) have an answer?

A

Anonymous

bladeslap:
I use the excellent Google Chrome as my default browser.

Unfortunately it doesn't allow me to post messages on this site - all the message link/boxes are invisible. I have to revert to Explorer to post messages which has the additional problem of not recognising my password set in Chrome!

For information, I find Chrome renders pages at a blistering rate compared with other browsers.

Thanks in advance.ÿ

I am posting this reply from Chrome so I think that you have a problem somewhere else, can you try using a different browser?

When we built this site Chrome didn't exist and therefore we couldn't support / test it, luckily for us it works anyway.

It is very quick at rendering the pages though.ÿ

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Maybe I'll give Chrome a go as Safari stopped working for me earlier this week and Firefox has just crashed for the 5th time in two days - Grrr!

Rant over
emotion-2.gif

EDIT - Gah - they don't do Chrome for Macs!

A

Anonymous

bladeslap:
Thanks Andrew.

That's strange Topbloke...I can't understand that. FWIW my WHF pages download fully.

Maybe the DM Team (who they?) have an answer?

I am part of the "DMT" - Digital Media Team, as said above I can't see any problem with Chrome...

The pages not fully loading may be to do with streaming ads, (which we have no control over - see other threads on this subject...)

bladeslap

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
austinh7,

Thanks for that. It looks like it's my problem then. I have to use Explorer to post which is a pain!

Google Chrome renders at light-speed and is very stable with the odd Java related crash...close that tab and the rest of the program continues working fine.
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts