What Hi-Fi Team. Can you Help? A New Home Cinema Setup

foncused

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I'm contemplating getting a home cinema setup. I can only stretch to about £700 at this moment in time for the ampspeaker combo. I'm looking at getting a Denon 1910 with the Jamo A102HCS5 speakers. Eventually i would like to add an i-pod dock and possibly upgrade the speakers using the Jamos in a spare room. At this stage I only want speakers (L,R and Centre) that I can put on the TV stand

My questions are:

Do you think the JamoDenon combo will work? I've heard the Jamo's can sound too bright if not matched correctly.

Are there any other combo's that you recommend? The Sony STR- DH800 looks good but I'm not sure if i can hook up an ipod.

What sort of speaker cable would you recommend for this level system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pete

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
The two products will work find together, ive not heard the lastest Denons but they seem to be well received. I would look at various combo's including the Denon 1909 or Onkyo 607 and maybe the Tannoy fx5.1 or kef 1005.2 you might find some deals including free cables. Qed speaker cable will do fine maybe xt for fronts and centre and mirco for rear, also dont forget to budget for speaker stands wall brackets and sub woofer cable. Try Richer Sounds

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Sorry for late reply - the 24/7 on-call service is slightly understaffed this weekend due to half the team being in news-jackal mode in Berlin at IFA.

Yes, the Sony STR-DH800 would work fine with those speakers, and you could use an iPod with it via a suitable DMPort adapter module - the one you want is the TDM-iP50

foncused

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Andrew, thanks very much for the reply. No for the difficult part.....getting it OK'd by the missus. I think she'll just about stomach the money for the speakers and receiver, but i'll probably have to smuggle in things like speaker stands, docks etc 'great escape' style in my trousers.

Regards

Peter

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No probs, good luck old chap - now, got your false moustache? Forged papers? Map of Bavaria printed on a pair of silk bloomers? If anyone asks, you are an itinerant book-foxer from Rotterdam...

And one more thing - be careful with those speaker stands hidden in your trousers. Last chap out of here ran across a motorcycle patrol near the border, dived for cover in a bush and almost did himself a mischief on the spikes...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts