What Hi-Fi team, any upcoming review for the Marantz M-CR610?

magnus78

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Would like to know does it sounds better than Marantz M-CR603 or Denon D-M39.

Or anybody already has it care to share how's the sound quality?

magnus78

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Looking forwards to the review. :cheer: Its strange that i saw some limited sets of the 610 for sale in my country(Singapore) but they don't have a set for demo. Usually we are 3-6mths behind EU and US.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
chebby said:
Which issue will that be published in then? (Real date of issue not the one on the cover which is always a month or two ahead of real time.)

Thanks.

Not sure yet, probably the November issue (on sale Sept 25th) or the Awards issue (on sale Oct 17th).

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I've just called Marantz UK (sales) in Belfast and all of their M-CR610 / M-CR510 deliveries are due to arrive on the 14th August then shipped out to dealers after QC checks etc.

I guess the container ship dropped some off in Singapore first .

malifact

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking forward to any first impressions on this. I'm currently torn between getting the 610 or paying the extra for a Unitiqute 2.

magnus78

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Managed to play with a few cds. Sound detailed, punchy and powerful. But this newer model now comes in mostly plastic body.

http://i43.tinypic.com/ke6f44.jpg

byakuya83

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
The magazine review makes no mention of the watt per channel or what might be a good speaker to pair with it. For someone like me that would have been extremely helpful/useful.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
byakuya83 said:
The magazine review makes no mention of the watt per channel or what might be a good speaker to pair with it. For someone like me that would have been extremely helpful/useful.

The M CR610 has a power supply rated at a maximum of 55 watts. Allowing for a few watts to run all the other features of the unit and for some losses in conversion to DC, you are looking at a sustained power of around 20-25 watts to each channel.

The amplifiers (actually there are 4) and power supply are well designed allowing for the amplifier to punch well above it's weight on a music signal.

Just don't use difficult or low sensitivity speakers that require substantial sustained power and you will be fine.

Edited for rubbish spelling.

magnus78

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
The magazine version did suggest to pair it with wharfedale diamond 121.

byakuya83 said:

byakuya83

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
magnus78 said:
The magazine version did suggest to pair it with wharfedale diamond 121.

byakuya83 said:

Apologies, you are quite right. It doesn't go into detail as to why.

It had been a while since I had purchased the mag and I had forgotten how wooly the language used often is.

That's not a lot of wattage - I'm guessing the decibel level here is going to be rather low.

Does that affect the dynamic range or frequency response?

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Don't expect too much of the power this thing has. I know the M-CR603 and it wasn't exactly powerful, a bit weak sounding IMO. The control it has over the speakers isn't that good.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts