What has happened to HIFIFORSALE.COM

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All, I recently was looking to sell my old Arcam 73 cd player on hififorsale.com but I cant open an account because the audiophilecandy site where accounts are registered does not exist any more (Try it yourself). Only old users can still log on.

Can anyone help me with a telephone number or someting so I can get in touch with them. I would sell on ebay but the selling fees and paypal fees amount to 15%. which is not worth it.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

as6co:
Hi All, I recently was looking to sell my old Arcam 73 cd player on hififorsale.com but I cant open an account because the audiophilecandy site where accounts are registered does not exist any more (Try it yourself). Only old users can still log on.

Can anyone help me with a telephone number or someting so I can get in touch with them. I would sell on ebay but the selling fees and paypal fees amount to 15%. which is not worth it.

Thanks

I would dispute your interpretation of the amount in fees that Ebay + Paypal take.... I could refer to the various guides that I have to show you that it is less than 15% but it is too much trouble, you do not like Ebay and that is your right......

I am trying to chase Audiophilecandy for you and have an address:
Audiophilecandy.com
16 Plantagenet House, Kingsclere Park
Kingsclere, Hants RG20 4SW,
UNITED KINGDOM

As soon as I have a phone number I shall post that. In essence though they have one massive glitch or they are going down the tubes.... so in the short term (at least) it doe not look good.... perhaps try Ebid or Gumtree?

A

Anonymous

And a different address and telephone number:

audiophilecandy.com
P.O. Box 7274
Tadley RG26-5FR
United Kingdom
+44(0)1256851612 (Phone)
+44(0)1256851486 (Fax)

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Spotlyte Ltd the parent company of AudiophileCandy, Isotek, Activ Distribution etc went into voluntary liquidation in November last year. All those companies have ceased trading and whilst the websites are still up and running it would perhaps explain why you unable to register an account on hififorsale.com. Although I've been able to use my account on hififorsale since November.

Needless to say your phone calls to any of the numbers posted won't be answered. If you are looking to advertise for free try another site or the other magazines. The former does not allow you to advertise your item elsewhere.

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

DistortedVision:
Spotlyte Ltd the parent company of AudiophileCandy, Isotek, Activ Distribution etc went into voluntary liquidation in November last year. All those companies have ceased trading and whilst the websites are still up and running it would perhaps explain why you unable to register an account on hififorsale.com. Although I've been able to use my account on hififorsale since November.

Needless to say your phone calls to any of the numbers posted won't be answered. If you are looking to advertise for free try another site or the other magazines. The former does not allow you to advertise your item elsewhere.

Hope this helps.

Hmmm I suspected that this might be as much.........

To be honest I want to move away from Ebay myself, but less because of the fee structure and more because of their poor customer service and petty rules........... I am hopeful of an alternative call Ebid but have not used them thus far, simply because they are so relatively unknown and do not have the same reach as Ebay...... if only they could spend some money on marketing......

TRENDING THREADS