what equipment do i need to test dynamic range on cd & vinyl?

ontheline

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
a big thanks to the guy or girll who posted the link to the dynamic range database as i nevr even knew that existed until now. it's been good so far better there are tons of albums i have which are not listed, does anyone know if this still gets updated regularly and even better am i able to do this myself without expensive equipment?

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site

I think you just need to download some software, depends what you use, if you rip cd and then use Foobar2000, I think thats how many people do it. Yes DRdatabase is still being updated as far as I know. Yes there are some 2015 albums, Red Hot Chilli Peppers over 15, whatever next.

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
I use foobar (free) as a media player and have downloaded the DR plugin. It's one right click on an album to do it's thing - maybe 20 seconds - then you have the results as a text file. You can then easily upload this, along with as much detail of the album release as you can, to the DR database. I use it all the time when buying CD's on ebay, all you really need is the catalogue number of the pressing you want.

I've added half a dozen albums lately, it's worth the few minutes effort as it helps others in return for the value I've had from using it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts