What else do I need and am I doing the right thing...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

Having got my Sony 46inch TV and PS3 about a year ago and held out till the January sales... I'm planning on getting the below next week
emotion-2.gif

Panasonic BD-35

Yamaha AX763

Kef 2005.3

Sky+ (can't get HD annoyingly...)

At the moment all I have is one HDMI cable and one QED Scart... can anyone tell me what other leads I'll need to buy to connect all these together? (any advise as to how to connect these would be good too!)... I'm going to try to get everything from one place in one go to see if they'll do additional discounts for a bulk order.

If you think I'm getting the wrong kit then please tell me before I hit the shops

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Probably 2 hdmi for inputs to yamaha one out to TV, use the Scart to route the sky+ picture to TV, then audio ouputs from Sky+ to Amp and all the speaker cable necessary.

A

Anonymous

Morning, and a Happy New Year.

Ok here we go.... You already have a PS3 which is an excellent piece of kit for playing Blue Ray, and won't be bettered by a Panasonic BD-35 at all!

Why not put the money saved to buying the Yamaha DSP-863SE amp? Then if you listen back to back with the KEF KHT3005SE and you can get the right deal, I doubt you will be walking out of the shop with anything else.

Give these guys a ring, doubt you will find anyone to beat them.

Wilkinson's Hi Fi 01282 612901. Tell them you were recommended.

A

Anonymous

Hi Trevor... Happy New Year!

My PS3 is US and it's been annoying trying to find Blu Rays and DVDs in the right region... thus the Panasonic BD-35.

I'd been hoping to get the KEF 3005SE's but with the financial doom and gloom, I finally decided to cut the budget rather than over-indulge.... would love to get a top notch kit eventually but as you can see, I'm new to all this and can't really justify blowing the budget on the best kits around

Will give Wilkinson a ring though to see what their prices are like

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

I see what you mean, that's a pity.
You can still use your existing PS3 hard drive for puting your CD's onto, along with your digital pictures. Music played off the hard drive is very good.

Im not sure if the Blue rays you rent off Love film are region free, might be worth asking them.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Nothing wrong with your choices, great speaker package only thing i would try a selection of amps to see which you prefer. For that budget i would listen to the Onkyo 606 and Denon 1909, try Sevenoaks £899 for Kef 2005.3 and Denon 1909 in blk ,ive got the 606 great budget amp but with price drops i think the Denon sounds even better. Or if youve got the space Tannoy F4 customs £149, F1 customs for rears £79 centre £49. you Could then afford the Yamaha ax863se and get a sub when funds allow.

A

Anonymous

All - Thanks for all the help... will do more research this weekend and see if I can test some of them out.

Just another question, does it make a big difference if I get the original KEF Speaker stands? The KEF HTS 2001.2 (which was on another forum) is prices at £140 for 4. Richer sounds has Techlink TLS44 in Black at £40 a pair

Thanks again!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts