What do you think of these?

Tonestar1

ceramic_speakers_joey_roth.jpg

They may not be to everyone's taste but I think they look awesome. Would be nice to see a WFH review but I'm not going to hold my breath lol Maybe a wee bit too niche. Only $500, worldwide shipping and it also includes the amp. If only I had an excuse to buy them lol

http://joeyroth.com/ceramic-speakers/

A

Anonymous

igglebert:Speakers powered by a toaster!

Er, megaphones powered by a toaster!

A

Anonymous

So is Blue Peter making hi-fi gear now ?! Sorry, it looks cheap and nasty...even MDF would have been better than chip board !!!

A

Anonymous

And the 'toaster' looks like an industrial voltage transformer....who makes this contraption?!?!

A

Anonymous

Just checked out the website...so it's a home assembly kit made of porcelain speaker, cork and baltic birch ply-board no less !!! The handle on the side of the 'toaster' is the volume control slider !! It's mad looking alright but would be intrigued to see if anyone has actually heard it in action....?

Tonestar1

There are various reviews on the guy's website. Mostly from design and style sites but audiophilia (which reviews some pretty high end stuff) also gave them a very favourable review. I must admit they do look a bit different but I think thats part of the charm. They are a small desktop speaker not meant to be a front room showpiece. And I wouldn't say they were self assembly, unless you count that as putting them on their stands and wiring them to the amp.

I think I'm onto a loser here no one seems to like them apart from me :-(

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
I like them and i like the fact you build them yourself. The only problem i have with is that they will cost around 350 sterling which by all accounts will get you the B&W MM-1.
I know which i'd prefer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts