What Do You DO With Unwanted Records ?

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
so I have about 10 records I don't want , bought on ebay record is worn off or surface noise is too high , or some from my chrity shop looks in ex condition but recording is poor , I can't sell them on ebay I don't want to bin them , I don't want to keep them cos of space and dust :roll:

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
domenn said:
so I have about 10 records I don't want , bought on ebay record is worn off or surface noise is too high , or some from my chrity shop looks in ex condition but recording is poor , I can't sell them on ebay I don't want to bin them , I don't want to keep them cos of space and dust :roll:

After much deliberation I offer such items to the Music department where I work. They display them as "relics of a bygone age".

Well, that's the theory. In practice, it hasn't happened yet. But it will. One day. Perhaps.

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Charlie Jefferson said:
domenn said:
After much deliberation I offer such items to the Music department where I work. They display them as "relics of a bygone age". Well, that's the theory. In practice, it hasn't happened yet. But it will. One day. Perhaps.

So I'll keep them for some museum then :)

some like Stan Getz -it might as well be spring 2xLP it's a rare stuff and this one looks mint just I don't like the sound od it . I almost broke a neddle once I was playing one of them , suddenly tonearm jumped through 3 or 4 tracks to centre of the record scary moment it was :wall: but I can't see anything wrong with the vinyl .

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Sounds like a turntable problem rather than a record problem.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
You could put them in the oven and make vases out of them. Or get a cheap battery clock mech and make a clock. Or skim them at next doors cat if its cra**ing in your flower beds.

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
floyd droid said:
You could put them in the oven and make vases out of them. Or get a cheap battery clock mech and make a clock. Or skim them at next doors cat if its cra**ing in your flower beds.

I've got vinyl clock already "grandmaster flash - the message 12" :)

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

floyd droid said:
domenn said:

You've WHAT !!.. Hope you have another copy otherwise go and stand in the corner on one leg for an hr . ;)

I was thinking the same. Surely you've got worse records and that to destroy?

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
floyd droid said:
domenn said:

You've WHAT !!.. Hope you have another copy otherwise go and stand in the corner on one leg for an hr . ;)

Well I can still play it , just give it a clean :)

it's worn out sadly sounds bad so at least I'm looking at it .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts