What do you clean your CD player with?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
What would people recommend to clean their CD player (i.e. inside
emotion-2.gif
) and how often should this be done with a slot loading player? I picked up one of these cleaning CDs from WHSmiths a few years back and used this with my old Denon micro system - it said you were supposed to repeat the process after every 10 hours of play.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Since nobody is responding, I will give my 2 cents. I don't clean my CD player ever. Never have. Maybe I should. I recently replaced a good quality denon CD player that I had for several years and I never noticed any problems that would indicate cleaning was needed.

A

Anonymous

When i bought my roksan caspian cdp and went thru the user manual, the manufacturer clearly mention "do not use any lens cleaner to the player"

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" springs to mind. If it is broke (skipping, jittering etc.) you're probably best off getting it repaired by someone who knows what they're doing. Never used a CD cleaner and never had a problem with one (except my first Aiwa mini-system about 20+ years ago!) :)

T

the record spot

Never ventured near the transport mechanicsm since the infamous wire brush and Dettol cleaning method incident was found to be wanting about 15 years ago.

idc

Regularly cleaned CDs as opposed to cleaning the CD player. I did use RA releese (which does not appear to available anymore) anti static spray on the CD tray which made a minor and temporary difference.

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
I used a lens cleaner on my CD for the first time recently when majority of my CD's started "hopping" & "jumping" No Kangaroo's tho.

The builders knocking thru wall likely culprit, (Hi-fi was covered) had visions of a new Naim CD player but lens cleaner done the trick all fine now...Drat.
emotion-6.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts