What do I need to get in ceiling speakers working with my TV and stereo

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm going to put some in-ceiling speakers in my lounge and kithen/diner but not sure how and what I would need to make the system work.

I'm going to be using a Denon M38 DAB and currently have a 7 year old CRT TV which will be getting updated when it breaks. Would I need anything else to get this to work and if not how do I do it. Any advice you can let me have would be great.

RobGardner

Jul 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi. Firstly you need to be careful how you wire up your speakers so that you don't create impedance problems if you are going to run both pairs at the same time from a single amp with a single set of speaker connections. There are lots of places on the web to go to for advice on this - I wired mine in Parallel/series.

http://forums.sonos.com/showthread.php?t=723.

I made sure to use a shielded cable to avoid any interference from low voltage lighting and dimmers (Chord Carnival Silverscreen) but really you should use an installation cable if you want to comply with building regs. The QED range is fairly inexpensive. These cables are designed not to release toxic fumes in case of fire. I am using an Onkyo CR515DAB as the source running a pair of ART speakers and a pair of Speakercraft speakers. Fortunately the speakers have a similar effciency so they both play as loud as one another, so no problems there either.Ideally you should use similar pairs.

All of the speaker cable is built in - ie behind plaster - so to allow termination I ran the cable out of a deep section patress through two holes of the apropiate diameter I had carefully drilled in a blanking plate . As I didn't have any suitable grommets for the holes I just used heat - shrink as a cable protector. I then termiated the cables with standard banana plugs. You can of course use purpose made termination plates and run short lengths of speaker cable between these and your amp. While I was doing this I also built in the DAB ariel feed, but here I used a purpose made terminal plate, and run a short length of co-axial cable to my receiver.

It all looks fairly tidy apart from the over long mains cables for the amp and iPod docking station, plus the usual interconnects.

Hopefully your TV has either stereo rca connections or a headphone out socket that yu can use to feed the aux in on your Denon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts