What did your system consist of when you joined the forum....

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
This is for home cinema fans too - I didn't want to start two posts (feel free Mods).

I've just realised I've been using this forum for nearly 3 and a half years and in that time I've learnt a lot.

I still have the same screen and Sky box but that is it.

Mine was:
Jamo all in one system with the now legendary A10HCS (I think they are called) speakers. This covered me for music and home cinema amplification. My disc spinner was the Denon DVD1940.

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Pana TH42P-WD6 Plasma now a Sony KDL-46W4000, still got he pana as a second set.

Pioneer DVD 565A (multi region) now a Sony BDP S350 as the Pio packed up (wouldn't out put anything from the rear channels).

Pioneer VSX 710S now a Sony STR DA2400 ES

Cables, speakers still the same, love the sound my KEFs make.

There is an obvious improvement in PQ moving to BR and the HD audio is great but, even after 2 years I'm not convinced on LCD over plasma. My Pana has a wonderfully natural picture and was so much better for motion. The Sony is good (ignoring the naff backlighting issues) but the fact that it's HD is the best bit. Really wished I'd saved a bit more and bought the Pana PZ80 at the time.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I had just sold/given away a system I had been using for over 11 years. Rega Planar 3 (blue one) with Goldring 1042 and a Rega Luna amp, Rega Radio tuner, Yamaha KX-580 cassette deck, NAD something BEE CD, and KEF Q32.5 speakers.

All of it - except the CD player - had been bought in late 1996 and went in the spring of 2008. (The longest I have ever owned a whole system.)

The Rega turntable & amp & tuner sold to someone I met outside the hifi shop whilst we were both waiting for it to open one morning. (Pure chance!) The NAD CD player and KEF speakers sold to a friend and I gave away the Yamaha cassette deck to my brother - who still uses tapes - to replace his knackered old Akai.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
A/V wise, all that's changed is the Blu-Ray player (twice), from the Sony RDR-HXD910 hdd/dvd I had 3 years ago (currently being used in the bedroom with a 26" Sony LCD.)

Hi-Fi has changed a lot. Had an Arcam A65+ and CD72T when I joined (and I still have them in the loft), but have upgraded to my current electronics over the last couple of years........ Speakers are next.

scene

My AV was the Arcam AVR250 & DV79 DVD player with the KEF KHT2005.2, and a Sony KDL-32V2000.

My HiFi was the Arcam A85, DV88 and pair of Monitor Audio Silver 8i

No Chord crimsons, Sonos, blu-ray, etc.

I worked out the other day how much I've spent on my "hobby" since I joined :eek: - unfortunately so did Mrs. Scene, so now she's watching the budget :cry:

T

the record spot

What a good question! Back in 2007, I had a Marantz PM6010-KI amp, Linn Mimik CDP and a pair of Mission 733i speakers. Not sure if I had the Kenwood DP7090 CDP first, but think it had been replaced by then. Both very fine sources though and the Kenwood way better than most gave credit for (5 star review in WHF back in 1997 or so and a "bang-on" one at that).

The latest addition was a Samsung universal disc player from Richer Sounds for the Genesis SACDs, which was only replaced at Christmas.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
When I joined my system consisted of an Old Pioneer Amplifier (A400 I think), Philips CD624 CDP and Eltax Floor Stander speakers.

It then went to:

Yamaha A5 AV Amp, Philips CD624 CDP, NAD Tuner, Bush Turntable and Castle Surround Sound Speaker System.......

Then

Marantz CD6003, Philips CD624 and Castle Richmond Speakers (rears from the surround system)

and then on to my existing system :)

Definate progression and I'm very happy with my system as it stands at the moment :)

Chokobolt

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I had a Emotiva USP-1 preamplifier, Emotiva XPA-2 poweramplifer, Emotiva ERC-1 cd-player and a pair of Dali Lektor 1's
smiley-wink.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Exactly the same but i had a Philips 32pf9731d instead of the Sony.

idc

A Bose Sounddock.

I joined to find out a way of connecting (even if it was possible) an ipod to my Musical Fidelity X-CANV2 headphone amp and Grado SR80s.

It was a toss up between becoming a forum regular on stuff about ipods and itunes (which I was at first) or about headphones. Headphones won.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
When I joined, I had a 42" Panasonic plasma, a Denon AV amp (no HDMI), Tannoy M3 fronts, Mission centre and surrounds, a PS3 and a Marantz CD-63 KI Sig CD player. Everything's changed apart from the PS3 and the Marantz, I have added a decent standalone Blu-ray player and have sorted out a proper kit stand for everything. I have also installed a wireless streaming solution round the whole flat, including kitchen and bedroom.

Like Mr Gerrardasnails, I've learnt a hell of a lot since I joined and spent far more than I probably should have (damn you Pioneer for forcing my hand to buy one of your last lovely TVs!).

Messiah

Pretty sure this would have been at about the right time...

5534911965_f9f1fd9d28.jpg

5535490188_1a465e0fc7.jpg

(I had only recently moved in here so place was not together)

I had a pair of Cyrus CLS70 with stands but these were upstairs waiting to be sold as I had decided to stick with the Misions.

I had some Mission 750LEs (borrowed stands), Mission 75C and Mission 78DS.

Receiver was a Pioneer AX3i

DVD was Pioneer 575 I think

TV was 42" Plasma

Soundstyle Stand

NTL box and even a VCR!

Sub (tucked away in the corner) was the same one I still have today - Yamaha SW320.

(I still have my other Mission 750LEs in black)

T

the record spot

the_record_spot said:
What a good question! Back in 2007, I had a Marantz PM6010-KI amp, Linn Mimik CDP and a pair of Mission 733i speakers. Not sure if I had the Kenwood DP7090 CDP first, but think it had been replaced by then. Both very fine sources though and the Kenwood way better than most gave credit for (5 star review in WHF back in 1997 or so and a "bang-on" one at that).

The latest addition was a Samsung universal disc player from Richer Sounds for the Genesis SACDs, which was only replaced at Christmas.

What he said!
smiley-laughing.gif

matthewpiano

I *think* it was:

NAD C521BEE
NAD C325BEE
Wharfedale Diamond 8.3+

Good system that. Plenty of depth at low volumes. Still got the CD player though it is very flaky these days. The speakers are tucked away in the spare room too. Must get rid of them soon as they aren't going to get a look in with the KEFs around!

A

Anonymous

Arcam Alpha 10 integrated and the Alpha 10P power amp / Arcam CD72 CDP / Acoustic Energy AE109 speakers but then some B&W 685's were added and the AE109's sent to the loft.

Systems are as they are now but still got the Alpha 10 integrated, CD72 and AE109's in the loft
smiley-cool.gif

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Then: 42" Pioneer + Sky HD + Arcam DV79 + AVR350 + IQ9/6c/dipole + Velodyne SPL1200R

Now: 60" Pioneer + Sky 1TB + PS3 slim + AVR600 + Kef Reference + Sub

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
the record spot said:
the_record_spot said:

What he said!
smiley-laughing.gif

haha!
smiley-laughing.gif

mine was roksan kandy L.lll cdp and amp with dynaudio audience 42 speakers.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
No AV system- but a Panny 26" LCD.Stereo was a Technics midi system with ugly speakers.All in the same room and then I connected the midi to the TV.

Wife says I want the ugly speakers out and no wires anywhere so I join the forum. This led to the Panny TV,Kef 2005 and Onkyo 606.Then the new extension was defined as just sound and that led to the TEAC all in one and MA RX1 thanks to the mag and Frank Harvey Hi Fi. No regrets.(yet)

Oh and Mr G, I saw some of the Vienna range at Bristol for the first time.They really look mighty fine.

A

Anonymous

marantz 6010se amp and a pair of B&W 602 S3's
smiley-cool.gif
I think i have had more of a sideways upgrade from older to more modern stuff

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Panasonic 28" CRT
Panny DVD player (I think, though I had a no name one before that and I may have joined before I changed...)
Sky+
Logitech Z2300s fed by my PC's onboard sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts