What consists bad and unacceptable quality?

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
I have recently returned a hifi rack from a very well known manufacturer as i thought that the rods were below an acceptable quality. Many had small scratches and pits on them and they also had discolouration within the metal itself. The company sent 3 sets of replacements through and all were similar. The shopalso said they were poor but sold hundreds of racks by this manufacturer.I rejected the rack and wrote to the managing director telling him what i thought. He wrote back saying that their supplier had checked the returns and only 1 was iffy. I am just wondering, what standard would rods have to be before you rejected them?

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
At the end of the day, you are the customer. If the item is not as you would see fit for purpose (and let's face it, a rack is there to look good as well as support the kit) then you are entitled to return it.

After allowing the supplier (unsuccessfully) to make good a couple of times, you are then entitled to reject the item and get your cash back. AFAIK, there is no obligation for the manufacturer to give you a perfect replacement if a refund has been offered...

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="fatboyslimfast"]At the end of the day, you are the customer. If the item is not as you would see fit for purpose (and let's face it, a rack is there to look good as well as support the kit) then you are entitled to return it.

After allowing the supplier (unsuccessfully) to make good a couple of times, you are then entitled to reject the item and get your cash back. AFAIK, there is no obligation for the manufacturer to give you a perfect replacement if a refund has been offered...[/quote]

The shop gave the refund, the manufacturer have no liability to me. Was just wondering what people think is acceptable quality. The shop would have to give a refund if poor goods even if the manufacturer refused.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
more importantly Shep my friend...the canaries are 7 points from play off group and hopfully your Beaties will be on loan by April 19th

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Beattie can go out on loan, please!! he is 5th choice striker now. We have an embarassment of riches up front. Worringly we are hopeless away from the Hawthorns. May well try and get tickets to visit the land of webbed feet and incest:))

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="shep1968"]May well try and get tickets to visit the land of webbed feet and incest:))[/quote]

LOL....
I should be there
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts