What cables is your hi-fi system rocking?

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I have some Atlas Element Integra cables hooked into my CD player, turntable and streamer and some and some Wireworld Luna 7 cable for the speakers. So not high end but they suit my system just fine. So what cables are you rocking?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Speakers: This, 2m each side

Interconnects: These

(Caution: eBay links)

Analogue cables have a huge potential to influence the sound, but a plateau where the cables satisfy all the electrical properties and characteristics required for their job, and therefore are essentially acoustically transparent to human ears, is not particularly expensive to reach. Beyond that it's all hype and crap tbh.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I am the opposite to all these as I have invested big in my cables

XLO Limited editions interconnects for front 3 channel analogue and XLO UnLimited Edition for rear channels. I love these would not part with them for all the tea.

Then a XLO Limited edition digital interconnect and 3 x Graham Slee Lautus Digital Interconnects

Speaker cable XLO Reference on front 3 channels and QED XT40 on rear channels

These do me nicely

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
ellisdj said:

XLO Limited editions interconnects for front 3 channel analogue and XLO UnLimited Edition for rear channels. I love these would not part with them for all the tea.

Then a XLO Limited edition digital interconnect and 3 x Graham Slee Lautus Digital Interconnects

These do me nicely

Very nice. Now wait for all the comments to say you wasted your money and that cables don't make a difference.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
MrReaper182 said:
ellisdj said:

These do me nicely

Very nice. Now wait for all the comments to say you wasted your money and that cables don't make a difference.

Told him before.

Chris

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Covenanter said:
MrReaper182 said:
ellisdj said:

These do me nicely

Told him before.

Chris

Not going to wirte what I was going to write because it will only start a cables war.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
MrReaper182 said:
Not going to wirte what I was going to write because it will only start a cables war.

We need something to entertain us.

My speakers have sprouted bunches of gold bells and ribbons for the duration! (And no, I can't hear a difference.)

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
chebby said:
MrReaper182 said:

We need something to entertain us.

My speakers have sprouted bunches of gold bells and ribbons for the duration! (And no, I can't hear a difference.)

That's because your getting old and your hearing is going.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Nothing fancy ... Belkin optical cable, QED coaxial (I think they are the QED Performance ... got 5 for £5) and QED silver anniversary speaker cables. I had some Atlas Questor interconnects when I had analogue interconnects, but don't use them now, although they are 75 ohm impedance so I could use them in a digital coaxial setup. They sounded roughly the same as the cables I made up myself using bits from Maplins.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
2x 6m lengths of Van damme UP-LC-OFC 2x4mm2 speaker cables, and I made most of my interconnects myself from Maplin components, they seem to work ok!

p.s. What's up with the website today? It's gone bonkers!

edit: oh, nearly forgot: a cheapo Amazon fibre optic cable for my TV

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Diamond Joe said:
2x 6m lengths of Van damme UP-LC-OFC 2x4mm2 speaker cables, and I made most of my interconnects myself from Maplin components, they seem to work ok!

School children could make a better website than the people What hi-fi got to make this one.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Covenanter said:
MrReaper182 said:
ellisdj said:

These do me nicely

Very nice. Now wait for all the comments to say you wasted your money and that cables don't make a difference. ?

Told him before.

Chris

Didn't listen then and guess what ....

Still not ;)

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Dave your responsible for my addiction to the XLO - your wife is not to blame

I am more interested in her for her yummy cakes - that could get me in trouble. .... :)

gasolin

Diamond Joe said:

Yesterday it was also bad (website)

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
As my AVI's are active they're connected up using RCA rather than traditional speaker cables. The ones that AVI included with their speakers are screened composite AV cables because they're cheaper and better made than audiophool RCA cables.

The SPDIF cable that I use from the computer to the DAC is a cheapish but well constructed standard optical cable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts