What Browser and Home page do you use?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey Just wondering what people are using?

I have been using firefox for ages and switch between the news pages like BBC, But they tend to have slow load times, but its nice to have some eye candy instead of the boring google home page.

scene

(Mozilla) SeaMonkey at work and Home - blank home page (speeds up load times and reduces risks of Trojan infection)

Opera at Home

Internet Explorer for a few benighted sites that don't work with SeaMonkey...

If you want to benchmark your browser, or other browsers, on your hardware - try using the Peacekeeper browser benchmark: click - It's a good way of checking performance and it allows you to retrieve your tests at a later date... I found that Opera 10.60 was four times faster than SeaMonkey 2.0.5, however Opera 9.50 was slower (on my work PC)... Apparently they're improving the speed of FireFox 4 (due autumn) to improve it's JavaScript speed massively...

A

Anonymous

Thanks scene. will have a look at benchmarks, I like firefox for the speed and add ons.

Tried IE for ages and even though it has gotten 10 times better than the old IE releases I still find it a bit slow as too much unwanted garabge on it.

A

Anonymous

I like to use Firefox with Google. Previously i was using IE7, but the features firefox is providing is fabulous. many more add-ons and many new applications are availabe to work with.

A

Anonymous

Opera primarily - home and work.

Chrome as back-up - home and work.

IE as last resort.

Home page changes depending on what's topical or interesting me at the time.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Firefox with Google as my home page.

I use Firefox with Adblock Plus and NoScript to speed up navigation and increase security.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Firefox and/or Safari. Google homepage at work, Whathifi.com homepage at home
emotion-2.gif

T

the record spot

Chrome for the last year or so having become increasingly cheesed off with increasingly hapless Firefox updates that resulted in more crashware than anything else. I hear that's improved now, but am so happy with Chrome it leaves the rest standing. Very fluid functionality. Google is the preferred search engine and home page.

A

Anonymous

firefox at home, Amazon, Whathifi, flickr, Fred Miranda.

IE8 at work, blank page.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts