What AV receiver with PMC GB1i/DB1i speaker package?

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
I am considering upgrading my speakers to either all DB1i or GB1i fronts and DB1i rears. I was interested to know what AV amps people use with these PMC setups. I know Andrew uses Onkyo, what about the rest of you (and if there are none of you, why not!!). I currently have the Sony DG820 but was planning to upgrade to the Yamaha 1900. Is this good enough? Music is just as important as films. Room is 4m x 4.5m.

I will audition of course, but PMC dealers are few and far between round my neck of the woods so want to go with as much info as possible. 

Cheers everyone. 

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Whilst I have no doubt the 1900 will drive them, you'll need to be looking at something like the DSPZ7 or Pioneer's LX81 to start getting the best from these. Basically, they're going to sound as good as the receiver, so get the best you can.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The last few PMC speaker packages we have installed have been driven by the DSP-Z7 and the RXV3900. As FrankHarvey says the more you put in with these the more you will get out.

Nick

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the advice guys. Not entirely unexpected. You both seem to suggest that Yamaha goes ok with them though, so that is a start.

ÿ

If I wait a bit longer I am sure I can stretch to the 3900 at least. ÿBetter put in for some overtime at work!

ÿ

ÿAny other suggested amp/make combinations with PMC speakers?

ÿ

Cheers again.ÿ

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
No PMC owners input (not to say that the dealers info above is anything other than gratefully receivedÿÿ!) so far. Are there none of you out there? If you are hiding, what do you drive your babies with?

If there are none, whats wrong with the PMC then? AE rates them so they cant be all bad!!

ÿ

Cheers guys n galsÿ

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Have a look HERE. Although only the older (non i) models are shown. I considered PMC when I was upgrading my speakers and one of the guys working for one of the dealers on here highly recommends them but alas, my budget wouldn't stretch so I went with Focals instead.

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Just spent some time at my nearest PMC dealer, and he says that Yamaha are no good with PMC. He really rates the Arcam AVR600, but at 3G that is a little beyond what my overtime is going to cover
emotion-6.gif

So is it just him trying to sell the most expensive amp he has in? He doesnt do the better Yamaha amps so I cannot even demo them together in that shop.

What to do? Any advice! I had pretty much decided to push for the 3900 with the DB1i's as they should be easier to drive than the GB1I's I guess.

Any other suggestions?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts